Continuity...

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Continuity...

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chaps :hello:

There's an episode of 'The Avengers (in colour)' on at the moment and as you'll have guessed.. the rest of what's on is pony :lol: Something aviation related always pops up in these old programmes and todays plot has Steed and 6 others boarding an ex BEA RS Herald (RS painted out on the fin). Couldn't tell what the airfield was I'm afraid. Anyway.. the Herald takes off and the bemused passengers move to the flightdeck to see who's flying. No one.. it's on AP!! Stranger than that.. the flightdeck is Comet 4B G-APMG :-O It goes on to show a few air to air shots 'enroute' and the Herald has now changed to a blue and white livery :-O :-O They landed a few moments ago at an undetermined location and they were back in the ex BEA RS Herald again :-O :-O :-O

Regardless of the shoddy continuity.. it's been nice seeing colour footage of a Herald and Comet flightdeck :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

sketchy74
Vulcan
Vulcan
Location: Los Angeles, California, But an ExPat Brit from Cornwall

Re: Continuity...

Post by sketchy74 »

When they went outside for the exterior shots did they add comically wrong audio too 'ala Airplane' with the prop sounds? lol

Or more embarrassingly when Auntie Beeb dubbed over a flight of 4 Sea Kings on Sailor with the sound of some Dragonflys? :)

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Tomliner »

Dave, while flicking tv channels recently trying in vain to find something decent to watch, I came across one those awful dubbed action films in which a C130 Hercules was flying to sound of piston engines!
On another occasion in a different film a B24 Liberator sounded something like a single engined Cessna! Utter crap. Needless to say that both times resulted in the off switch being used.
:wall: EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Chris558
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris558 »

Or how about the L-188 Electra in Moonraker singing to the tune of Darts - Not that out of place, though. Mmm...the Dart Electra...could've sold thousands!! :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Yes.. sounds are a common problem.

There's a famous bloop in the Prisoner when Alouette II F-BNKZ takes off and F-BOEH lands. F-BNKZ was silver with floats and F-BOEH was green with skids :lol: Being a bit of a Prisoner fan, I checked this out and it appears NKZ went tech during filming and the only one they could get their hands on was OEH. At least it was still an Alouette II I suppose :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Chris558 wrote:Or how about the L-188 Electra in Moonraker singing to the tune of Darts - Not that out of place, though. Mmm...the Dart Electra...could've sold thousands!! :lol:
Boggles the mind just imagining it. :-O :lol:

Brian