Backtracking On Runway

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Backtracking On Runway

Post by Aharon »

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Every time whenever I do backtracking on runway on FSX, I always get annoyed if I cross the runway line as if I think I am not doing good job backtracking YET I am totally surprised it happens in real life backtracking too!!!

Look at this video (you need to be member of Facebook to look at this video and I would appreciate if anyone can post here link for this video without being required to go to Facebook to view this)

https://www.facebook.com/atcmemesoffici ... 183024635/

Regards,

Aharon

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Backtracking On Runway

Post by Vancouver »

Funny :lol:
Alex

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

The video worked fine for me and I don't have a FB account. It was funny too. :lol:
Larry

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

It was nice for departure to allow the RC model to go first ... Cause the 747 jet wash would would have been a. ß!tch to fly through...
:wasntme:

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Thanks all for kind explanations.

TUI airline pilots in the next video below did not do good job backtracking and were forced to use reverse thrust to correct bad backtracking as if they were very amateurish FSX or FS2004 newbiepilots.

Check out this video and have a good laugh at their FSX behavior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqZ83gJc7DE&t=4s

Regards,

Aharon

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Before making such proclamations Aharon, you need to consider the airport and what all was going on. This wasn't bad backtracking. This was making a decision to expedite clearing the runway when the conditions resulted in them not being able to make the final turn-off to the apron.

First, here's a link to Google Maps - https://www.google.com/maps/@39.1770569 ... a=!3m1!1e3

As you see, as they landed on 32, there are 3 connectors to the apron. If you are unable to make those connectors, you can either try and turn around on the relatively narrow (30 meters wide) runway, or taxi to the far end where the turn-arounds are. It appears the crew misjudged how far they had overshot the last connector and thought they could make the turn and get to the connector, however that wasn't the case, so at that point, instead of taking longer to try and turn the other way or try something else, they simply powered-back, completed the turn, and got out of the way so the other traffic could get going.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Dear God.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Christrott,

It is okay Thanks for cool link. What I am trying to say is that many newbie FSX flightsimmers cannot do backtrack properly and often wind up using reverse thruster to correct their inability. That is why this real life video at LGSK airport makes me laugh.

Regards,

Aharon