Feedback crazy

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Feedback crazy

Post by Airspeed »

We were staggered recently, to receive a request from Australia Post.
They wanted us to rate how they had performed in delivering a parcel. *-) *-) *-) :help:

Am I missing something; or do we really need to rate people for carrying out their core business?

A week prior, they left a collection notice in our letterbox, for a different number in our street, resulting in a drive to pick up something that wasn't for us. We were home when they left the notice, they just didn't bother coming onto the property to get a signature.
I decided to button my lip and just ignore the request, missing out on the fun of blasting them. I'm a saint! 0:) :agree:

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Feedback crazy

Post by blanston12 »

But if the don’t get a good review, it may go on someone’s permanent record.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

If I buy something to be delivered by Australia Post, this is what happens.
1) It goes to StarTrack, Oz Post's courier service.
2) If the courier driver feels like it, it might be delivered to my mailbox.
3) More than likely it will be dumped at Laidley P.O. 8 kms away where no-one knows me.
4) It may eventually arrive by the normal OzPost postie, a good two days after.
5) In the meantime, the Startrack driver has driven past my local P.O, 300yds away, on his way to Toowoomba .
I have even had a card left in my mailbox, by the courier, telling me he dumped my package five miles away :wall:

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Reminded me of this. I don't know if this appeared in these pages a while ago.

A courier knocked on my door today. He said, 'I've got a parcel for your neighbour.'

I said, 'You've got the wrong house, then, mate.'
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I have had a couple of these from companies that have delivered ordered products to me and never had the need to give them a negative review as am able to track the progress of my order throughout.

One point about accepting a parcel for the next door neighbour I will never do it simply because the contract for delivery is between the customer and retailer/supplier (under UK Consumer Act 2015) therefore if the parcel is left with the next door neighbour the contract has been broken between the retailer/supplier and yourself and should the neighbour ever say that they do not have it then it would be for the retailer/supplier to replace the goods at no extra cost as they had employed the courier company to deliver. It would be for the retailer/supplier to take up the matter with the courier company, not the customer.

Happy shopping!

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.