A further cautionary tale.....

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

A further cautionary tale.....

Post by Filonian »

A young couple were preparing to get married, but as the wedding day approached they became increasingly nervous. For each one had a problem they had never shared with anyone, not even each other.

Finally overcoming his embarrassment, the groom decided to confide in his father. "Dad" he said, "I'm really worried about this marriage."

"Why?" asked his fatyher. "Are you having second thoughts?"

"I do love her," said the son, "but I'm not sure how she'll cope with my feet. In case you hadn't noticed, they're always horribly smell and I'm afraid they'll put her off."

"No problem," said the father. "All you have to do is wash your feet as often as possible, and always wear your socks, even to bed."

The son thanked him for his advice, and promised to follow it.

Meanwhile, the bride-to-be had finally plucked up the courage to confide in her mother. "Mum," she said, "when I wake up in the morning, my breath is truly awful."

"But honey," said her mother comfortingly, "everyone has bad breath in the morning."

"No, you don't understand," said the daughter." "My breath in the morning is so horrendously rancid that I'm afraid my husband won't want to sleep in the same room as me."

Her mother considered the problem for a moment and then said, "There is a solution. Every morning, as soon as you wake up you must get out of bed and go straight to the kitchen to make breakfast. While your husband is busy eating, slip into the bathroom and brush your teeth. The important thing is not to say a word until you've brushed your teeth."

"I shouldn't even say good morninbg?" queried the daughter.

"Not a word," the mother insisted.

So the daughter promised to give it a try.

Two week later, the couple were married and, remembering the advice each had received - he with his perpetual socks and she with her morning silence - they managed quite well.

But then four months into their married life, the husband woke just before dawn one morning to find that one of his socks had come off. Fearful of the consequences, he frantically searched the bed, and in doing so woke his wife.

Without thinking, she asked, "What are you doing>"

"Oh my God!" he replied in horror, recoiling from her breath. "You've swallowed my sock!"

Graham Image
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: A further cautionary tale.....

Post by nigelb »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's the way he tells 'em!

Nigel²

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: A further cautionary tale.....