No fuel for jet liners

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

No fuel for jet liners

Post by Airspeed »

Bumped into a lady who is rather gullible when it comes to flat earth, chem trails etc.

"You'll be interested in this" said she.
"Jet liners run on compressed air. They try to tell us that the fuel is stored in the wings, but it takes 5 tankers to fill one aeroplane" ( *-) if they don't use fuel, why do they need 5 tankers full? :dunno: ), "You never see them putting the fuel into the wings, it's just impossible. The jet engines suck the air in and the turbines compress it, and that's what pushes the jet through the air. It's very interesting, you should read about it." were her last words.
See you later, Rosie" were mine.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: No fuel for jet liners

Post by Tomliner »

Good logic there Mike. Did you check to see if she was an airline pilot? :hide: EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Decalescent aerification!

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Airspeed wrote:
23 Apr 2018, 08:25
Bumped into a lady who is rather gullible when it comes to flat earth, chem trails etc.

"You'll be interested in this" said she.
"Jet liners run on compressed air"
It would be great if they did. Just imagine, no carbon emissions as no fossil fuels are burned and therefore no vapour trails.
Aircraft would not require engine pods, just a hole in the erm, how do I put this *-) - 'arse end' for thrust. I would fear for people living close to airports, as each take off could sound like some giant animal suffering from prolonged terminal flatulence :-O . I don't even want to consider reverse thrust :worried: .

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

You'd need a compressor to compress the air. What fuel would drive it? Don't say compressed air!

:dunno:

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Kevin Farnell wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 02:08
It would be great if they did. Just imagine, no carbon emissions as no fossil fuels are burned and therefore no vapour trails.
Aircraft would not require engine pods, just a hole in the erm, how do I put this *-) - 'arse end' for thrust. I would fear for people living close to airports, as each take off could sound like some giant animal suffering from prolonged terminal flatulence :-O . I don't even want to consider reverse thrust :worried: .

Kevin
Did you say "giant animal suffering from prolonged terminal flatulence"? Airbus already has one of those. :wasntme:

Brian

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

FlyTexas wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 20:07
Kevin Farnell wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 02:08

Kevin
Did you say "giant animal suffering from prolonged terminal flatulence"? Airbus already has one of those. :wasntme:

Brian
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...