Photobuucket is BACKKKKK!!!!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Photobuucket is BACKKKKK!!!!

Post by Aharon »

Shalom and greetings all my pals,[font color="e63c19"][/font]

Photobucket is BACCKKKKKKK!! [font color="e63c19"]Our previous screenshots on all screenshot posts have been RESTORED FOREVER!!![/font]

Announcement from Photobucket:

Photobucket has new management, and we are liberating your images!

As of today, your hosted images are live.

Photobucket has a new management team that wants to do the right thing. We are committed to earning back your trust and offering comprehensive and flexible image storage and hosting options for our customers. We’ve taken your feedback and made some changes to our pricing model that allows us to offer competitively priced plans that fit the needs of all of our customers.

[font color="e63c19"]Today, our current customers’ hosted images have been restored[/font] and Photobucket is introducing a new pricing plan that is built around everyone’s needs.

For a limited time, we are offering a new, competitive subscription package that includes ad-free storage and [font color="e63c19"]3rd party image hosting for just $1.99 per month, or $19.99 per year - which is 95 percent less than the previous pricing model. [/font]A free subscription option will still be available to customers who do not require 3rd party image hosting.

In an effort to improve our customers’ experience, we’ve also moved away from an advertising-based model and have eliminated a portion of ads from the site.

Photobucket pioneered the image sharing and hosting market 15 years ago, and our new management team is committed to returning Photobucket to the premier imaging service people had come to know and trust.

There are more positive changes on the way, but for now we are excited to share this new compelling subscription option, as a testament to our dedication to you, our valued customers.

[font color="e62419"]Q: My images have always been stored at full resolution - will they stay that way?

A: We are implementing technology to ensure that all photos uploaded to our platform are stored at their original resolution for every plan.
[/font]

I do not know if it is good news or not!!!!!  20 bucks per year????  What do all of you think?

Regards,

Aharon

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Photobuucket is BACKKKKK!!!!

Post by Tako_Kichi »

No use to me, I deleted my shots and account when they tried to hold me to ransom. I see they still want sheckles for a service that used to be free!
Larry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Even if it was free before you can't expect a service to be free forever, without the company having some way to make money off it, otherwise they wont be in business for long.

Google gives free mail but they use your mail to figure out what ads to show you.

So the question is how much is photo hosting with the ability to link to third party sites with no ads, where you don't have to find a new one every year, worth to you? If the answer is zero then why are you doing it at all?
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

I gave them away and now host all my own photos, but hang on, didn't I say that last year?.... deja vu again?? :S

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

I am still waiting for FSfiles to come back. Meanwhile I am leaning to Imgur.

Meanwhile I am afraid I accidentally created TWO SAME posts on this subject. My apologies to all of you for my accidental duplication.

Regards,

Aharon

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Aharon wrote:
20 May 2018, 15:51

Meanwhile I am afraid I accidentally created TWO SAME posts on this subject. My apologies to all of you for my accidental duplication.

Regards,

Aharon
....meanwhile, on the duplicate:

STOP IT, AHARON, my sides are aching! :rofl:

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Is it me or is IMGUR quite a clumsy? I cannot seem to get my head around it.
Alex

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

LOL, Airspeed Sorry

Vancouver,

Imgur is not so bad. It generates BBC codes that I need to create screenshots. Just few button clicks to get BBC codes.
I am very fussy and strict. Imgur seems to pass my testings.
Regards,

Aharon