What Things Really Annoy You?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

What Things Really Annoy You?

Post by Nigel H-J »

From Mikes' post in 'Preview Orbx True Earth UK'
They should have done the same with that stupid music; I could still hear it with headphones at arms length.
1) That is number one on my books, music whilst watching a documentary. If it is a female talking with music playing I can hardly make out what she is saying. When will the producers realize it is the commentary we want to listen to NOT the flaming music!! :rant: They may say it is to bring in an atmosphere to the documentary but all it does is raise my blood pressure.

2) Mobile phones, don't you just love 'em......I really hate them :rant: Especially when in a cafe or restaurant, I want to listen to what my wife has to say (sometimes) :hide: Not the idiot sat across from my table.

3) Noisy kids, when I was a youngster we were always told not to shout or scream at the top of our voices so as to disturb the neighbours, now it is like a bl**dy school playground at the house opposite us along with a full sized football net as well as a trampoline and a basketball net all at the side of their house facing us so we get the noise and the parents just bl**dy well ignore 'em!

Just a few of my dislikes (there are more) or maybe I am becoming more grumpy as the years roll on and can at times be likened to that of Victor Meldrew but for god's sake! Am I the only one to feel like this? :wall: :help:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: What Things Really Annoy You?

Post by 511Flyer »

TV presenters who lean against things when they are speaking. I appears to be the norm now. How slovenly is that!!??

No, that's not all. Far from it in fact, but I haven't got all day.

;)

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

TV presenters and Newsreaders/Reporters who ask stupid questions.

Film/TV sounds effect departments who cannot get background noises right. Classic example, a Great Northern Diver an aquatic bird that breeds to the north of the UK calling in a wood in southern England in summer. Used time and time again last time I heard was on Vanity Fair last night. Also heard Dunlin calling in woods as well.

Sloppy research. Good example was the recent British Airways history series.

Coming to think about too may things to list. Victor Meldrew was right.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Tomliner »

Blimey you’ve really opened a can of worms ths time Nigel! I’m not going to contribute to this because a) It would take me hours to do b) much of it would be non pc and c) It would do nothing for my blood pressure! Good luck with this one.EricT :)
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

What really annoys me (and I hate to say it) is what my America has become. We've always had our differences but you didn't go nuts just because someone thought differently than you. Now a days people will chuck you out of restaurants because of this. Insane! And the idea of 'innocent until proven guilty' seems to be the next thing to be tossed in the bin. And words! Back in my day we often used the saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me." Forget that today. *sigh* Sorry to rant fellas, it's just depressing. :(

Brian

Nosnilmot
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Nosnilmot »

People who drive at 40 on country roads where the 60 limit is perfectly safe, who then carry on at 40 when they come to a village with a 30 limit !

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

People who drive at 40 on country roads where the 60 limit is perfectly safe, who then carry on at 40 when they come to a village with a 30 limit !
:thumbsup:

Yep, that is another of most annoying things, not only that but.............................................Maybe I should stop here, my list also is endless!

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

FlyTexas wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 17:36
What really annoys me (and I hate to say it) is what my America has become. We've always had our differences but you didn't go nuts just because someone thought differently than you. Now a days people will chuck you out of restaurants because of this. Insane! And the idea of 'innocent until proven guilty' seems to be the next thing to be tossed in the bin. And words! Back in my day we often used the saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me." Forget that today. *sigh* Sorry to rant fellas, it's just depressing. :(

Brian
if it is any consolation it is happening all over the world.

Add that to my list. Politicians with an extra big full stop
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

What annoys me ?

1 ) People who constantly say 'I was, like'...' instead of I thought, I felt , I said, I wondered, etc

2 ) The director of IWM Duxford, when interviewed on the news about the arrival of the Tornado GR4 at the museum, said " We reached out to RAF Marham, and got this iconic aircraft which tells the story of the Cold War".

You didn't 'reach out' - you got in contact with. Reaching out means stretching your arms to make physical contact with your hands. It is not an iconic aircraft - not every damned thing on this planet can be 'iconic'. No, the Tornado does not tell the story of the Cold War, any more than a musket tells the story of Waterloo. Does it tell of the Cuban missile crisis, the Berlin airlift ? Gary Powers ? Kruschev and Kennedy? No it doesn't - it's a piece of static aviation technology and that's all.

3 ) Everything else.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Paul K wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 23:19
What annoys me ?

1 ) People who constantly say 'I was, like'...' instead of I thought, I felt , I said, I wondered, etc

2 ) The director of IWM Duxford, when interviewed on the news about the arrival of the Tornado GR4 at the museum, said " We reached out to RAF Marham, and got this iconic aircraft which tells the story of the Cold War".

You didn't 'reach out' - you got in contact with. Reaching out means stretching your arms to make physical contact with your hands. It is not an iconic aircraft - not every damned thing on this planet can be 'iconic'. No, the Tornado does not tell the story of the Cold War, any more than a musket tells the story of Waterloo. Does it tell of the Cuban missile crisis, the Berlin airlift ? Gary Powers ? Kruschev and Kennedy? No it doesn't - it's a piece of static aviation technology and that's all.

3 ) Everything else.
Absolutely
Simon