Forum Names

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: Forum Names

Post by Airspeed »

airboatr wrote:
02 Nov 2018, 17:14
Looks like a TARDIS at the back end Joe; I think that would attract more lovelies than the swamp glider which you blokes call an airboat. Good fun anyway, bouncing over the alligators. :lol:

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

Alemãobaiano is what gringos who like the carnaval in Bahia are often called, basically it means the "German from Bahia". There are a lot of German descendants in the south of Brazil, where the sun doesn't shine so much and a tan is quite rare. Some of them head for Bahia during the carnaval there and they stick out like a sore thumb, being very pale.

As I first met my late wife during carnaval (in Fortaleza but close enough) that's what she started calling me, despite the fact that I'm not German and do sport a good tan :doh:

Alemãobaiano (aka Tony)
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Very interesting thread here and enjoyed reading how your forum names came into being.

Now when replying to any post from alemaobaiano I can just write Tony, so much easier!! :lol:

I never really thought about having an alias but have one on TeamSpeak with the TWC Group, the boss wanted me to change from my own name to something more appropriate in-line with other members so he suggested to me Iron_Horse. :lol:

Not so much of a stallion but a pony in battle!! :worried:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

Interesting replies. I remember the AOL days and trying to come up with a suitable name only to discover quite a few others had beaten you to it. I do have an online alias that I rarely use - Chrispbits. 'Cos my middle initial is P and it has a certain ring to it.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Looks like I am a rather boring sort. I use my first name and the initial of my last name. Back in the day when I had an Apple IIe, I used "Apple Limey" on AOL. Oh, now I add a '²' to my name on here because there are other Nigels around and Nigel H-J is always number one!

Nigel²

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

My first RAF Squadron was 511. They flew Hastings which required a lot of maintenance, and whenever they went away, we the ground crews went with them. I was the airframe mech.

AKA. Den. :)

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

The above set my memories in motion, and I remembered one of our pilots Flt Lt "Tiny" Topham, who I flew with a few times. Tiny, because he was very tall of course, was a lovely man, no standing on ceremony when aircrew and ground crew went away together. This was the norm with most of the older pilots, but some of the younger ones were a PITA.

Search Google for Flt Lt Topham, it's at the top in my list, and you will read an amazing story. Almost unbelievable, as is his sorry ending.

Den.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

h, now I add a '²' to my name on here because there are other Nigels around and Nigel H-J is always number one!
I just don't know what to say apart from being extremely 'honoured' for this accolade!! :lol:

Den, just read the article of Flt Lt Topham, a very brave man and very sad to read how he died. :(

Regards
Nigel.
Last edited by Nigel H-J on 04 Nov 2018, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

fs10inator
Meteor
Meteor

Post by fs10inator »

FS10 - Flight Simulator X
-inator - Dr. Doofenshmirtz (villain from Phineas & Ferb) tends to use this suffix in his inventions.

Angus Prune
Comet
Comet

Post by Angus Prune »

From a classic 1960s BBC Radio comedy:

My Name is Angus Prune,
and I always listen to,
I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again.
My name is Angus Prune,
and I never miss,
I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again.