RIP Kris Ward

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

RIP Kris Ward

Post by TobyV »

Son of Sharkey Ward of Falklands fame and also a Harrier pilot, died suddendly aged 45:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/ ... -soldiers/

Sorry most of the article is behind a paywall, cannot find another source yet.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: RIP Kris Ward

Post by FlyTexas »

Very sad, and very young. :( Thank you for your service, Kris. RIP sir. And thanks for sharing this, Toby. :)

Brian

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

It seems he actually died last month (November), following some googling. Not sure why this is appearing in the Telegraph as if happened [very] recently. Perhaps took them a while to put together an obituary? Either way, I hadn't seen this before and both he and his father made valuable contributions to the country whilst flying the Harrier.

paulsl
Trident
Trident

Post by paulsl »

So young, dammit. RIP and thoughts with his family and friends.

P.
It's not a 'bird', it's an aeroplane or an aircraft :rant:

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TobyV wrote:
31 Dec 2018, 13:49
It seems he actually died last month (November), following some googling. Not sure why this is appearing in the Telegraph as if happened [very] recently. Perhaps took them a while to put together an obituary? Either way, I hadn't seen this before and both he and his father made valuable contributions to the country whilst flying the Harrier.
Quite often they will have obituaries in a (sort of) queue, to place in print as and when space is available (and depending who else passes etc).

The Times also ran an obituary at the end of last week. I think these have both coincided with the family letting it be known that sadly, like many other ex-servicemen, he took his own life. :(
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I think these have both coincided with the family letting it be known that sadly, like many other ex-servicemen, he took his own life. :(
How very sad, there may have been any reasons for this but to think that someone has taken their own life at such a young age as he was cannot bear thinking about. :(

Condolences to his family.

The full account of his service life given here scroll down to the 10th post: https://www.pprune.org/military-aviatio ... rd-rn.html

RIP Kris Ward.

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.