This about says it all - strong language

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IL2XwSkFJQ

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

paulsl
Trident
Trident

Re: This about says it all - strong language

Post by paulsl »

This is brilliant and extraordinary.

I've heard of Jonathan Pie but paid no attention until this. I stand astonished. What an amazingly accurate assessment of how the UK got where it is and the reasons for it. How sad that the mess could be so accurately described, with no solutions offered.

I keep thinking that if Brenda wasn't in her dotage, she'd turn around, invoke the constitution and put a stop to this horror, pausing only to send the MPs to the Tower to be executed. A boy can hope. I have that, it seems the UK hasn't.

Oh dear, I'd better stop :'(

I can only hope that this nonsense turns out well. Sadly, I don't think it will.

Paul
It's not a 'bird', it's an aeroplane or an aircraft :rant:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Makes you wonder just how many countries have the same opinion of their governments.

I don't follow our own politics as closely as I probably should, but I am constantly dismayed when I do pay attention.

I'm seeing Brexit from afar, but as I see it:
One man (mainly) stirred up the whole country against the EU.
He got his way through a referendum to exit, then left politics immediately to watch his bomb slowly explode.
The UK government tried to put the result of the referendum into action, despite not supporting it.
There was a deal brokered with the EU, but the terms of the deal were not publicised.
The government refused to agree to the deal (did they know what was in the agreement?)
The PM gets blamed for the process not working.
I don't understand this, or many other things in the world.

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

I think he should stop beating about the bush and tell it straight! :hide: EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

It seems to be the way of things nowadays. Politicians, a weak self interested loathsome bunch. Not a Statesman (woman/person) among them. I do not know the solution. And don't get me started on Trudeau. :help:
Alex

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

One man (mainly) stirred up the whole country against the EU
My take on it is that he wanted to stay at the EU decision table in order to be able to take back our own judiciary by negotiation. Unfortunately it became a slanging match in the hustings about the amount that is paid to the EU for services rendered, totally foxing the general public!
Hope this thread doesn't go off the rails.
We have friends who both were for Brexit, they own a holiday home here - he was a timber importer & she was a magistrate.....he should have known better from having to supply cross border compliant paperwork - different procedures required inside or out of the EU. She, I can wholly understand, but obviously didn't think about the still at the table option.
Keith

Caught up in the mess!!! :(

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Are you guys trying to give me a wind up? :rant:

:)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Whatever thought or decision you made when we had the referendum, MP's are supposed to see that the wishes of the people are carried out but it now has become apparent that they are a total disgrace to our country and what is more the laughing stock of the world as none of them can agree on anything to do with Brexit, but if you so much as told them they will lose their privileges from cheap booze and meals in the commons to expenses for traveling to and from work as well as expenses for accomodation etc etc etc!! Then you will soon find that they can all unanimously agree to fight it!!

As Alex wrote:
Politicians, a weak self interested loathsome bunch. Not a Statesman (woman/person) among them.
That about sums up my thoughts of them. Come next election no-one will get my vote for there is not a party out there that can run this country and make it back to what it was. Great Britain!!

Yours :rant:
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.