Killing Eve, anyone?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Killing Eve, anyone?

Post by PeteP »

Airspeed wrote:
02 Jun 2019, 09:36
I'm always yelling at the TV and radio on account of "twenty two away from nine" (is this a subtraction question, and if not, is that TO or AFTER 9?) That's when I'm not abusing them for "That's coming up June one." :rant: :rant:
Ah, Mike, you're truly a man after my own heart but I'd better not start down that road or I'll be moaning about the way that even some of 'Auntie's' continuity announcers are pronouncing 'schedule' as sked-ule instead of shed-ule and, more and more, the poor old inoffensive letter 'H' is being pronounced as haitch instead of aitch! :'(

Pete

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Tomliner »

And what about reporters using the American pronunciation of ‘missile’ with the second i silent?
Also, saying that someone is ‘bored of something’ .No, you are bored WITH something or fed up OF it. :rant:
Them folks was obviously educated worse than what I was. :wasntme: EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I'm getting fed up with 'I'm excited for (something)' instead of 'I'm excited about ( something). I'm getting fed up with a lot of things.

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

Airspeed wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 05:11
Season 2 has just finished here. Anyone else been watching it?
I've finally managed to catch up with you, Mike. Last night I watched the final episode of series 2 and, sadly, I have to say my overriding impression is one of disappointment. There was another stunning performance by Jodie Comer as Villanelle and occasional touches of the quirky humour so in evidence in the first series but that was about all.

I don't know whether it was just my over-high expectation brought on by my enjoyment of the first series, the lack of an element of surprise about what Villanelle could do after series one, the change of writer - surely a mistake - or perhaps a combination of all three but, after the first couple of episodes which did grip me, I found myself increasingly watching it simply because I'd started it.

I don't think I'm giving too much away to those who haven't watched it yet by saying that the ending was left open enough for a possible third series. If that happens, I hope they bring back Phoebe Waller-Bridge as the writer which I suspect may be the missing element this time around.

Pete

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Mike.
Just use about 10' of RG6 (or RG6Q which is better)

Install a coaxial connector on one end and strip about 10" of the jacket, braided shield ' foil and dielectric off of the conductor.

Position as neaded.
Done.

I've picked up uhf and vhf channels from 50 miles away.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Must agree with PeteP, the second series was a disappointment after the first. Ain't it always the way. 8)
Alex

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

airboatr wrote:
16 Jun 2019, 07:31
Mike.
Just use about 10' of RG6 (or RG6Q which is better)

Install a coaxial connector on one end and strip about 10" of the jacket, braided shield ' foil and dielectric off of the conductor.

Position as neaded.
Done.

I've picked up uhf and vhf channels from 50 miles away.
Is this under the right topic, Joe? My aerial is OK, though apparently I'm supposed to be streaming to be part of the 21st Century.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Airspeed wrote:
02 Jun 2019, 09:36
Alex, you'll be impressed that we got rid of the CRT unit and now watch one of the $5 LED screens from the tip; still needs an aerial though.
Killing is rarely this much fun, and, yes, the quirkiness is a bonus, Pete.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Oh, I see. :doh:
Slight misinterpretation there, my friend.
What I meant was that the new/old screen will not work without an aerial, not that we were lacking an aerial.
Sorry about that, and many thanks for the tip. Might come in handy if I put a screen elsewhere. :thumbsup: