HU UK Channel4 20.00 Tonight

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

HU UK Channel4 20.00 Tonight

Post by Tomliner »

Guy Martin’s D Day Landing
He must be older than he looks! According to the blurb he trains to re-enact the kind of parachute drop taken on D Day and helps to restore a DC3 Dakota. Although I’m not particularly keen on Guy, I’ll make an exception and watch or record this one. After all it features a Dak! :) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: HU UK Channel4 20.00 Tonight

Post by Nigel H-J »

I like Guy Martin and find he does have a very humorous side which makes it entertaining viewing. Have read his book 'When dead, You dead' A bit strange for a title but only when you have read it do you understand why it is so called.

Primarily a road racer, I would rank him very high against circuit racers, not to say that he hasn't suffered through serious crashes...he has.... but his main enjoyment away from motorbikes is spending his time fixing HGV's. A down-to-earth Lincolnshire lad.

Certainly will be watching it tonight so thanks for the HU.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Just watched this prog and have to say it was very good. Guy Martin deserves credit for what he undertook.A definite tribute to the bravery of those involved in D Day. He’s definitely gone up in my estimation :agree: EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

When he was with the Paras' going through the short sharp shock training method and being shouted at his face was a picture, he looked very much like a scolded child and I think it really shocked him having to go through that bit of training, not to mention having to box against another Para but he did extremely well.

Missed the last half hour so will have to catch up.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.