A day in the life....

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: A day in the life....

Post by blanston12 »

Airspeed wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 10:14
blanston12 wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 15:37
surgery on the melanoma on my arm is scheduled for today, but so far the tests have looked good.
All the best with that, Joe. :thumbsup:
I got the results the tests from last weeks surgery, no sigh its spread from the initial site of the melanoma, so no chemo for me, just continued monitoring and another 3 weeks off work for it to heal. :excited:
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

Nice one Joe.

:cheers:

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

That's good news, Joe. :)

Brian

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

:excited: :cheers: :guinn:

Great news - thanks for letting us know!

Nigel²

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Excellent, Joe!
Great to hear. Enjoy your R&R. :thumbsup:

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

That's great news Joe!
:cheers:
Larry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Been a bit out of touch for this last week;

Mike and Joe - nice to read your good news.

Larry - best wishes as always, and I hope there is some improvement soon. You seem to be suffering quite a lot from poor health, so all the best to you.

Talking about the NHS - my grandson was born about 6 weeks premature in May. That's well into the gestation safety zone, but all stops were pulled out anyway. In the delivery room were two midwives, one senior midwife ( all three of them degree trained ), a consultant anaesthetist, a consultant obstetrician and a consultant paediatrician. Outside, a team waited with a mobile incubator to transfer the child to the special care unit.

After delivery, the boy was connected up to just about every sensor and monitor you can imagine - it looked like the TV showroom at John Lewis - and received expert 24-hour care for the next five weeks. The parents were given a room next door so that they could stay at the hospital or go and have an evening out if they wished, without any worries for the baby.

The thing is, the father is from the USA and works for Facebook in London. He said he would have needed a second mortgage to have paid for all this in the USA, but he, my daughter and all the rest of us just pay our taxes and we all get this sort of treatment without any further payments. Not wishing to turn this into a political rant, but our dear Colonial friends might ponder upon this next time you are told that universal health care is 'commie' or substandard. You are being lied to in shovel loads by vested interests, commercial and political, and deserve better. My sister, who lives in the US, says that if Americans had an NHS, they would have it all.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Paul, that is very strong case for universal healthcare and I am glad your grandson received such excellent care. With your permission, I would like to forward the NHS portion of your email to my Congressman and both Virginia Senators. High time the Colonists wake up and do what every other developed country in the world does for their citizens!

NigelÆ

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

NIgel, please do! :agree: :thumbsup:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

nigelb wrote:
26 Jul 2019, 23:23
Paul, that is very strong case for universal healthcare and I am glad your grandson received such excellent care. With your permission, I would like to forward the NHS portion of your email to my Congressman and both Virginia Senators. High time the Colonists wake up and do what every other developed country in the world does for their citizens!

NigelÆ
Nigel,
Have you undergone a surgical procedure?
You used to be Nigel squared, but now you're Nigel ash. :dunno: