Happy Birthday decapod - 55 today

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Happy Birthday decapod - 55 today

Post by Filonian »

I appear to have been causing a measure of offence in some quarters when the aim was to just pass on birthday greetings.

Regarding the "rare bird bun," It was designed to try and differentiate between regulars and infrequent visitors. I can see where it may upset regulars by being posted at the same time as a deserter as it were.

I myself have not been too satisfied with this method. I seems I am playing judge and jury. The ex-Service organisation I belong to does not differentiate between ranks or length of service.

This being so, I have decided to cease the "Birthday" activity entirely w.e.f. today's post for RobDob.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Sorry to hear that Graham. I know how disappointing it is when you feel that your efforts are unappreciated. You have put a lot of time into ‘baking’ your cakes and many of us will be sad to see their demise. Take care and treat yourself to a very large dram. Best wishes EricT. :hello:
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

delta_lima
Viscount
Viscount

Post by delta_lima »

Happy Birthday Paul!

PS - thanks Graham for the BD notices. This was unique from all the other boards I frequent, and was duly appreciated.

Daniel
Quaere verum - Seek the truth.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Happy Birthday Paul. :cheers: :party: :guinn:

Graham, I do hope that you will have a change of heart and continue in your role as 'Master of Birthday Ceremonies', your cakes look fantastic and bet they also taste the same.

Just hope that you will take time to think it over and keep plodding on in the kitchen.

BTW I have never put my birthday down, no reason apart from not wanting to be reminded that every year it comes round I am one year older than the last one!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Filonian wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 11:08
I appear to have been causing a measure of offence in some quarters when the aim was to just pass on birthday greetings.

Regarding the "rare bird bun," It was designed to try and differentiate between regulars and infrequent visitors. I can see where it may upset regulars by being posted at the same time as a deserter as it were.

I myself have not been too satisfied with this method. I seems I am playing judge and jury. The ex-Service organisation I belong to does not differentiate between ranks or length of service.

This being so, I have decided to cease the "Birthday" activity entirely w.e.f. today's post for RobDob.

Graham
Graham I am very sorry about saying what I did. You and other members were having fun with it and I was just being overly sensitive and had tried by best to keep by big mouth shut, but at a moment of weakness and to a direct question I said too much. If you enjoy doing it you should continue. Remember this is the internet, its impossible to do anything without offending somebody, the only thing i would say is you don't have to spend your time if the member, because of there absence, is unlikely to see it. Again I apologize for saying what I did, you have spent a lot of time trying to keep the tradition going and you should have everyone's thanks for doing that.

I woke up this morning intending to delete my previous post but it was too late.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.