First P-8 delivered to the RAF

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

First P-8 delivered to the RAF

Post by Paul K »

Nice to see:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... d-50233941

I bet Ben is already trawling through next year's airshow calendar in the hope of seeing one.

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Re: First P-8 delivered to the RAF

Post by Swanoir »

Ooh I hope I spot one eventually from my man cave. I live on the approach to Newcastle and we get a surprising number of military types flying in. I can now identify the A400 Atlas by its engine sound alone!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

The most ugly airframe to grace the skies. The good news is the 737 is at the end of it’s horrible little existence. 🤮
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Paul K wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 14:41
Nice to see:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... d-50233941

I bet Ben is already trawling through next year's airshow calendar in the hope of seeing one.
:lol: :lol:

Brian

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

The only decent 737 was the 200. Everything afterwards is simply an ugly heap.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

:lol: I had no idea people harboured such negative thoughts about a particular aircraft! I honestly can't think of a single aeroplane, modern or historic that I would say that I 'hate'. I find most current airliners boring to be honest, but I can't think of any I have strong feelings about! I feel like I'm missing out as I do love a good moan. Any suggestions for an aircraft I can choose to despise? :thumbsup:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

It's the same with me - I either like them or they don't interest me much. With current military aircraft in service, I think there are probably fewer than a dozen types that are of any great interest, and they all seem to be the ones that have been around a decade or five. B-52, Tu-95 Bear, Shinmaywa US-2, and nothing currently on the UK books. I think I find G.A. more interesting now.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

My dislike (ok hate) of the 737 started with it being absolutely ugly, it doesn’t (IMHO) have an endearing rivet. The 757 was a thing of grace, as is the 787, but aesthetically pleasing airframes aren’t Boeing’s strong suit. Lockheed, Douglas, Convair, BAe ( and it’s various forerunners), Dassault, Etc, all had a certain flair, at least some endearing feature.

The 737 started life as a stumpy toilet tube and then the designers child added some bits from a corn flake packet and pen lids for engines... cute for a 3 year old, but come on. And then, instead of replacing it, it’s had various bit added to avoid having to get a new type certificate. It should have been confined to the deserts of Arizona decades ago. It’s obnoxious at so many levels.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I just don't particularly like the designs of new aircraft, they hold no appeal over me and as for the glass cockpits, give me one that looks like a cockpit and not all digital screens.

I would not bother buying an aircraft for flight simming that had all the modern up-to-date avionics, even the FMC I could well do without, nothing better than flying VOR to VOR and of course the ADF. My brain can't keep up with modern stuff I'm afraid! :lol:
The 737 started life as a stumpy toilet tube and then the designers child added some bits from a corn flake packet and pen lids for engines... cute for a 3 year old, but come on. And then, instead of replacing it, it’s had various bit added to avoid having to get a new type certificate. It should have been confined to the deserts of Arizona decades ago. It’s obnoxious at so many levels.
Ah-ah, now it is in the open, wondered why Ben hated the 737 so much! Not his little Dinky toy then :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.