Anyone understand Train Sims ?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ajb
Comet
Comet

Re: Anyone understand Train Sims ?

Post by ajb »

Thanks for your help in finding the keystrokes to run the trains. I'm finding it great fun but with my fairly elderly PC and graphics card some very high temperatures are being reached on long journeys!!

One thing I can't figure out. Is it possible to link the controls on my CH yoke to the sim? It would make driving locos a lot easier.

Andy
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core 4.2GHz
AsusTeK Prime B450M-A Motherboard
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 1600MHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 4Gb
3x 250Gb SSD + 1x 1Tb HDD

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

One thing I can't figure out. Is it possible to link the controls on my CH yoke to the sim? It would make driving locos a lot easier.
Hi Andy, I don't honestly think you can as I have a throttle quadrant which would serve nicely as accelerator and brakes as well as assigning switches for battery etc. Think it is only enabled for keyboard and games controller such as X-Box.

Pleased to hear that you are also enjoying this sim. :thumbsup:

Late Edit: Just found out there are ways you an use your joystick though appears a little bit too complicated for me, have linked the video for you to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1hRSykvtfs

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

ajb
Comet
Comet

Post by ajb »

Thanks for the link Nigel. I looked at the video and the software but having spent many years in software development, then retired from it, I've had my fill of destroying my brain cells trying to make complex software work. I like a quieter, less stressful life now so I think I'll just keep using the keyboard.

Andy
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core 4.2GHz
AsusTeK Prime B450M-A Motherboard
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 1600MHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 4Gb
3x 250Gb SSD + 1x 1Tb HDD

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Having read this thread, I've also taken the plunge with TSW2020 and after making changes graphics wise, am fairly pleased with it.
It certainly passes the time and I'll buy some extras for it when the next batch of sales pops up.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Charlie Bravo wrote:
21 Jan 2020, 21:58
Having read this thread, I've also taken the plunge with TSW2020 and after making changes graphics wise, am fairly pleased with it.
It certainly passes the time and I'll buy some extras for it when the next batch of sales pops up.
I too have been following along reading this thread , but I will not be railroaded in to buying a sim.
I will not I will not. :rant:

:worried:

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

airboatr wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 03:17
Charlie Bravo wrote:
I too have been following along reading this thread , but I will not be railroaded in to buying a sim.

I suppose you couldn't see the point.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Great to hear that Chris, I will also only buy when they have a sale on. Really enjoying life on the rails and actually got to 125mph with the 125 but the older the diesel engines are brilliant to drive!

Regards
Nigel.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

simondix wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 10:42
airboatr wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 03:17
Charlie Bravo wrote:

Sorry I was just being a little - fecesious.

:hide:

I'm tempted by the train sim actually... but The time money and all bells and whistles
I've not been on Flight sim in a while.. and I have oodles in that .

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I'm tempted by the train sim actually... but The time money and all bells and whistles
I've not been on Flight sim in a while.. and I have oodles in that .
You had better hurry up and decide as they have a sale on TSW 2020 is going for £14.99 roughly $19.67, go on..grab a bargain whilst you can, you know you really really want to!! :lol:

Dovetail Festival of Steam is on.

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/dovetailgames

Regards
Nigel.

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

simondix wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 10:42
Nah, he's just using it as a platform to let off steam but I think he's on the wrong track.

Pete