Another World virus?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Another World virus?

Post by Airspeed »

I was going to apologise for some Australians who apparently:
Reported to A & E to get checked for covid 19 after eating at a Chinese restaurant.
Refused to let Asian doctors & nurses attend their children at the Royal Children's Hospital.

I checked on line, and saw many references to Chinese restaurants across the Globe, suffering a downturn in business.

I think that there must be another virus causing frontal lobe failure, if people are behaving like this.
As usual, one of the best defences is to WASH YOUR **#y HANDS regularly and properly.
Last edited by Airspeed on 04 Mar 2020, 08:47, edited 1 time in total.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Another World virus?

Post by TSR2 »

Or let’s hope Darwin deals with them 😉
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Yes some of the conspiracy theorists must have been having orgasms over this. Apparently over the pond a lot of people have stopped drinking Corona Beer. No doubt a lot of things have happened this side that have not made it to the media yet.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

In my youth 'Corona' was the trade name of a particularly tasty soft drink. Lemonade was OK but Corona was the dog's wotsits.

Another favourite of mine was, and still is, Vimto and that is what I will stick by 'just in case'.

Seriously, you couldn't write it as a tragic/comedy, not when a certain ginger skin bloke tells his followers that no one will catch anything at his convention meeting. :dunno:

Oops, getting too serious then; totally out of character mi'lord

Keep safe.

ATB

Allan

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Airspeed wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 07:39
As usual, one of the best defences is to WASH YOUR **#y HANDS regularly and properly.
But what does one dry ones hands on - the towel could be more contaminated than the hands were........
K :worried:

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Went to visit a mate the other day, his collection of automobiles is impressive but I am worried that he has car owner virus
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Buggyman wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 09:11
In my youth 'Corona' was the trade name of a particularly tasty soft drink. Lemonade was OK but Corona was the dog's wotsits.

Another favourite of mine was, and still is, Vimto and that is what I will stick by 'just in case'.

Seriously, you couldn't write it as a tragic/comedy, not when a certain ginger skin bloke tells his followers that no one will catch anything at his convention meeting. :dunno:

Oops, getting too serious then; totally out of character mi'lord

Keep safe.

ATB

Allan
Goodness! That rang a deeply buried bell, Allan! Yes, I remember Corona soft drink. But Vimto?! sounds like cheap dog food. :lol:

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Well, Mike, Vimto is a 'blend of grapes, raspberries and blackcurrants' and it is still made. We buy a few cans once in a while but I forget how teeth curlingly sweet it is to drink - sort of Ribena with bubbles.

I am reliably informed by my grandson that Vimto is an anagram for Vomit and should be treated as such. I can't argue with that because he is bigger and heavier than me and 30+ years younger :lol:

I've just convinced my sister that she 'could' catch the dreaded virus by phone. I'm sure her husband will thank me when he gets his next - much reduced - phone bill :thumbsup:

ATB

Allan

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Remember Tizer anyone?
Keith

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

Buggyman wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 12:36

I've just convinced my sister that she 'could' catch the dreaded virus by phone. I'm sure her husband will thank me when he gets his next - much reduced - phone bill :thumbsup:
:rofl:
George