Another World virus?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Another World virus?

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Back in the day, when I was a spotty 17 year old new biker, I used to hang out with like minded guys (and gals) in the local pubs (illegally yes!) My usual tipple was bitter (I never liked lager and still don't) but I soon discovered cask-conditioned dark mild ale and it was like nectar to me. I usually only had two pints in an evening if I was riding my bike (stay safe and all that) but sometimes I would have a shandy if I wanted another drink. Lemonade was OK to water down bitter but it felt like sacrilege to use it in dark mild so one evening a buddy spotted a dusty bottle on a shelf behind the bar and ordered the bar-keep to pour it into a pint pot and then fill it up with dark mild! The result was way better than anticipated and so a new bike group drink was born, 'mild and Vimto' to go along with 'cider and blackcurrant cordial'! I drank many pints of both in the coming years!

I also used to stand at the roadside every Wednesday afternoon/evening when I was younger while waiting for the large, yellow, Corona truck to appear in the street. American Cream Soda was a must have along with Limeade and if my parents were feeling extra generous sometimes the red bottle (can't remember the flavour now) would find it's way home too!
Larry

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

This appeared on our local Next Door site yesterday. Corona Virus hit China right after 5G was rolled out, in Italy also. So the lady says. Now she wants our local authority to stop it happening here.

I think she might have something. I hope it's not catching through my Puter.

:dunno:

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

simondix wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 08:39
Yes some of the conspiracy theorists must have been having orgasms over this. Apparently over the pond a lot of people have stopped drinking Corona Beer. No doubt a lot of things have happened this side that have not made it to the media yet.
And this was evidence of another virus - FakeNewsitis. CNN took a poll that asked a wide range of questions, including one that asked "Would you drink Corona Beer" (or something close to that) and 38% said never. There was nothing in the question about equating Corona beer to COVID-19. The survey did have a question (much earlier apparently) asking about COVID-19, but again, it wasn't like the question before or anything.

Considering that Corona beer is a very much "love or hate" beer in the US, the 38% is a pretty normal number I feel. The problem is that after the CNN Fake News, Corona reported seeing a drop in sales almost instantly.

The Real News - https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ll/607240/

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

When I was on holiday in Arizona, a guy was totally amazed that I refused a Bud' because I don't like it.

Lots of British beer I don't like also, it's all a matter of location. Northeners think their brews are stronger that those in the south.

Youngs is my favourite beer, Amstel and Fosters for Lager. Some people don't like them I guess. You pays your money, and you takes your pick!

:cheers:

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Most American beers are pretty weak and watery affairs. Definately won't grow hairs on your chest with those brews. And Corona is Mexican I blv. Equally watery too imo.
Alex

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

511Flyer wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 14:40
This appeared on our local Next Door site yesterday. Corona Virus hit China right after 5G was rolled out, in Italy also. So the lady says. Now she wants our local authority to stop it happening here.

I think she might have something. I hope it's not catching through my Puter.

:dunno:
Sounds like she has terminal stupidity.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

I think I remember Corona - the soft drink came in many flavours and had a ceramic stopper attached with wire hinges? Was there a flavour with Dandelion and something?

Yes, the Colonials have gone mad - sales of Corona (the Mexican beer) are down 38%.

Nigel²

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

nigelb wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 01:01
Was there a flavour with Dandelion and something?
That would be dandelion and burdock, both weeds to most people and yet they can produce an interesting drink when combined. It wasn't one of my favourites but I would drink it from time to time. Interestingly I recently spotted it for sale in the international foods section of a local grocery chain here in Canuckistan! My wife bought a bottle and quite liked it after trying it for the first time.
Larry

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Dev One wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 09:17
Airspeed wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 07:39
As usual, one of the best defences is to WASH YOUR **#y HANDS regularly and properly.
But what does one dry ones hands on - the towel could be more contaminated than the hands were........
K :worried:
Not with those hand air dryers found in public bathrooms I hope. they are loaded with germs and viruses.. and..
fecal bacteria pathogens and spores...

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Tako_Kichi wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 04:48
nigelb wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 01:01
Was there a flavour with Dandelion and something?
That would be dandelion and burdock, both weeds to most people and yet they can produce an interesting drink when combined. It wasn't one of my favourites but I would drink it from time to time. Interestingly I recently spotted it for sale in the international foods section of a local grocery chain here in Canuckistan! My wife bought a bottle and quite liked it after trying it for the first time.
I buy it somewhat regularly from a local shop called the British Depot , Brian is the proprietor.

https://www.britishdepotonline.com/stor ... rdock.html