Corona Leaders

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Corona Leaders

Post by Airspeed »

A couple of interesting matters:
Scott Morrison, Australia's Prime Minister, attended a federal meeting with Peter Dutton, Home Affairs Minister last week. Afterwards, PD felt ill, got diagnosed with COVID 19 within hours and put in hospital. (I didn't know it could be done that fast)
AFTER this was known, the PM attended a State Premiers meeting. :doh: :dunno:
PM previously said "business as usual", I'm going to the footy this weekend, so should you, it'll be a long time before we can go again. At the State meeting, it was decided that AFTER the weekend, no gatherings over 500 people allowed, unless it's on a train, at school, or at work. Note, after potentially infecting every State Premier, he went to the footy, thus exposing how many others?

TV news last night was that President Trump had previously labelled the dreaded C... as a hoax, but now says he MAY get tested; "I never said I wouldn't"

Our two Grandsons have been banned from school because one of them had a runny nose on Thursday.

The supermarkets here all look like closing down sales are in progress. Not only are all the toilet paper displays empty, so too tissues, paper towels, serviettes etc. Hand sanitisers unavailable, there's no Weetbix or any form of porridge oats, no green vegetables, very few potatoes, no frozen vegetables, no cat food or kitty litter. I think we have 37 cases out of several million residents of Victoria. Goodness knows what'll happen if the infection number goes over 40. :worried:

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: Corona Leaders

Post by Tomliner »

Hi Mike. As usual when it comes to politicians and rest of the’great and good’ it’s a case of ‘Do as I say and not as I do’. Shysters! :rant: EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Well Mike, I am surprised that your government has not yet banned those over the age of 70 from leaving their homes so as to protect them against infection as this is the age whereby one is more at risk.

Over-70s - and younger people with certain health conditions - will need to remain at home and have groceries and vital medication delivered, the health secretary said.

All the UK deaths from the virus so far have been among people aged over 60 or with underlying health conditions.

Mr Hancock told the BBC's Andrew Marr people without symptoms would be able to visit older relatives and friends so long as they stayed two metres - or six feet - apart from them.

Sod that for a lark.........If any friends or relatives had got the dreaded virus then they can just f*ck-off and not come round!! :rant:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Personally, I want to get it, infect the kids, isolate for a fortnight and then crack on.
Appreciated it’s different for those in the at risk bracket, but it’s a virus. I’m fortunate enough that I’ve pretty good health, so I’m going to let my Mk.1 body deal with it the way it has for millennia.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

It's just a virus so like TSR2 I am just getting on with life (going to work, visiting pubs and restaurants, shopping) it is ideal territory though for all the drama queens working in the media.

Nev

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

Toilet paper shortage in Oz? Don't you have newspapers?

:dunno:

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

Er... wouldn't that imply an ability to read? :hide:

Mr X of Bedhampton

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

511Flyer wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 15:43
Toilet paper shortage in Oz? Don't you have newspapers?

:dunno:
Newspapers? Who reads newspapers any more? I though it was all on line now.
Middle of last week my company announces we will all be working from home till the end of March. It was weird the few days before riding into SF on nearly empty trains that were normally packed.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

blanston12 wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 15:50
I thought it was all on line now.
Well, yes, but an iPad is nowhere near as kind to the bum as newspaper, nor anywhere near as efficient!
P.

WarHorse47
Comet
Comet

Post by WarHorse47 »

Scorpius wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 14:31
It's just a virus so like TSR2 I am just getting on with life (going to work, visiting pubs and restaurants, shopping) it is ideal territory though for all the drama queens working in the media.

Nev
Yeah. It's pretty bad here in the states. We live not far from Kirkland, Washington where most of the deaths have occurred from the virus. The media continually updates us, but leaves out real information such as how many have recovered or how many are infected in our county. B)smk

The wife and I are of the age to be very concerned. Fortunately, we do have enough toilet paper but we still have to stock up on food now and then. Keeping one sane while staying home away from crowds is the real trick. :party:

--WH