These forums.

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: These forums.

Post by TSR2 »

There’s a load of 319s at St.Athan too. Spares will be going cheap.. or maybe they’re lease aircraft. I’m not sure how it works. Would be interesting to see if there’s much at airfields that aren’t on Flightradar24
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

I saw a lone Cessna near EGNT yesterday afternoon, no commercials.
George

spot
Trident
Trident

Post by spot »

Hi chaps. Another BA 777 just flown low over my house going into Cardiff.
Maintenance or storage , who knows. :dunno:

Regards Brian.
Low and slow, the way to go ;)

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I'm another infrequent poster these days. Not sure I've even launched FS on my PC this year, not even sure if the Payware I bought a couple of years ago will still work :( Too much work, too many hobbies and thanks to this situation, I am now cut off from my family and my partner who all live in other countries to me. I've also noticed that often you get lots of views and few replies. I did wonder, but I guess since the forums are open to all for viewing, most probably don't have accounts. Also I think since about 2010, the trend moved away from these kinds of "bulletin board" forums to Facebook groups and other social media, but you don't get the "banter" and members don't really get to "know" one another and you might not notice if suddenly someone didn't post anymore, or question why.

"Replacing" FS in my spare time, a colleague has in the last year, got me back into photography, although I suspect that's about to get rather difficult as I sense a curfew for us around the corner (where I am at least), 3D printing (although again, haven't used it yet this year) and last year, because I was able to afford one, I got myself a keyboard. They offered us musical instrument lessons at my second school, but considering the cost, having to catch up the lessons we missed and having been told at my previous school "you're not musical", I didn't bother. They also said if we didn't take them up, we might come to regret this in our 30s. That part was correct. Can't really play anything properly yet, but can pick out some melodies with one hand.

Anyway, I've rambled on too long...

Anyone want to see some photos of the BEA retro A319? Not sure where that is now (Parked I assume). Swiss were down to 6 operational aircraft at the beginning of this week and were parking some at the military airfields at Dübendorf and Emmen so I read.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Life has a tendency to get in the way of these things Toby. I don’t not started “flying” again last month. Very rusty to say the least.

I did notice the BOAC 747 heading across the pond last week, but not sure where the RS A319 is.

A virgin 747 at Glasgow now too. I didn’t think there was that much parking up there, but I guess they’re using the old crosswind runway maybe? Prestwick I get as it’s a massive site. Looks to be quite a few at Southend.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

TobyV wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 10:13
Anyone want to see some photos of the BEA retro A319?
Yes please! :)

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Paul K wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 14:39
TobyV wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 10:13
Anyone want to see some photos of the BEA retro A319?
Yes please! :)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31869

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

I'm currently at work at STN and it's dead. We have 106 movements today, down from our usual 500 or so.

Ryanair are slowly reducing their flights and will be operating apx 50 per week from here soon. They also want to park 100-150 aircraft here so that should look interesting.

Unfortunately many of the handling agents have let staff go and whilst I'm lucky to still have a job, we've had a pay cut for the next year.

As for the forum, it certainly is a close knit community. I was very active on here at the beginning and then my interest in flight sim dwindled. As I work in aviation, the Microsoft slogan of 'as real as it gets' didn't cut it for me and I stopped using it.
A few years later, I discovered X-Plane and it reignited my interest along with my presence on the forum.
I don't contribute to anything MSFS related, nor P3D as I have zero interest in them. Hardware is still an interest and I do enjoy getting Nigel to spend his money 😁😁😁

Anyway, I'm babbling, probably through boredom. Airports are no fun without flights. 😔
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hardware is still an interest and I do enjoy getting Nigel to spend his money 😁😁😁
:rofl: :rofl:

This is one thing I love about this forum...............If you need help and advice there are plenty here that will give it and the one to tell you how to spend it!! :poke: :lol: :lol:

Sorry to hear that you have a pay cut for next year Chris but in being kept on by your company must be a big relief. I can only hope that this year our scientists and those worldwide will hopefully find a cure, fingers crossed.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

I'm very guilty of not joining in purely because I know so very little these days.

Let me explain: in my other life I was very IT, ahead of things in many way bringing in one of the first Word Processors to a government ministry and then to a major military HQ. That first - and the second - WP was the size of a domestic living room, mounted on rubber shock absorbers and in a special air conditioned room. Funny really as the overall power of that machine was probably less than your average low end lap top. Anyway, that's where I was and I enjoyed being on the leading edge, again getting the first Amstrad PCs into a university - 125 of them - and then spending hours trying to educate people. All in all my life was good, I continued to work with and use computers until 2017.

In 2017 my then world ended when I almost died from Sepsi. Certainly my IT life died. I had a remarkable recovery but it had its price - I had lost large portions of my knowledge. For the next year I could not read or hold a conversation although I can now do both but still hesitate at some words and have days when concentration appears to be having a lie-in :lol: The reason for the brain damage was that the hospital had no idea why I was dying, they knew that my body was committing suicide, organs failing etc so they just pumped me full of every compound they could think of and that caused the damage I now live with.

So that is why I hardly ever go on the forum except to pick your collective brains and try and regain a bit of knowledge.

Therefore m'lud I am guilty as charge but I promise to try harder, I'm told I might still get a bit more use out of the old brain before handing in my kit.

Sorry to be a bit down but that is how it goes. However, not for long - I laugh a lot and enjoy the funnier side of life.

ATB

Allan