These forums.

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: These forums.

Post by Airspeed »

That's a sad and worrying background. Allan, but thanks for sharing your story.
All this sort of info helps us understand each other a little more.
For my part, I discovered that a few others on here have at least one of my problems, and theirs were the result of different health issues.
You know what they say....a problem shared etc.
So, even if you've nothing to say, except it was a particularly crap day, let us know, and we can at least sympathise. ;)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Allan, that was a very moving story of how your health failed and of your suffering but, at the same time, an inspiring one whereby you fought against all the odds to get back to where you are presently even though through your writing, you are still struggling.

I just hope that with each passing day, your health improves as well as your memory. Take care.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Thank you for the kind words Mike.

When people use the phrase 'life changing' its not always the loss of a limb or mobility in some way, my event was life changing in a good way. It was 0150 on the Tuesday morning and I was recovering from a particularly fraught half hour. I made my mind up that things would change, all my saving for a rainy day was to end - it was raining now!! - spend a bit, give some away to favoured charities, smell the roses enjoy the company of my long suffering wife and just live for the day.

And that's what I do, in the morning I wake up - an achievement in itself - and try to hammer it if I go to bed knackered it has been a good day :lol: Today I have been spraying my 1:9 scale Kubelwagen and prepping a Panzer I BREDA in 1:16 scale in addition to completing 2 crosswords and 2 codewords and now I'm on line. I still haven't found out why my P3D CTDs but I will find the cure - one day. :dunno:

So, although there are down times - rarely more than a few hours - I am determined to live life to the full while I can after all we never know what is round the corner.

ATB

Allan

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I have received a text message from my doctors' surgery and it reads:

*No face to face appointments are being booked.

*All appts will be booked as tel calls and the GP/Nurse will triage.

*No routine/pre-bookable appts

*Tel calls will be booked on the day only.

*No paper repeat prescriptions requests - on-line or over the phone only.

Coupled to that, my wife has also had a text message from the hospital telling her as she is in the 'At Risk Group' she must confine herself to staying indoors.

I quote the immortal words of Dante Alighieri: "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here".

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

"Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here".

Not if you stick by the advice as you wont be going out to enter anywhere.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman