Sad news from simondix

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Sad news from simondix

Post by simondix »

Thanks everybody for your kind thoughts and well wishes. Jenny's family has a history of strokes. Her mother and sister both died as a result of them. Both her sister and Jenny made their wishes known that if they had a serious stroke that would leave them incapacitated to the extent they were paralysed and unable to do anything for themselves we were not to revive them and to let them go. Unfortunately her sister did have one and her wishes were not heeded and we had to watch her suffer for months until she was finally relieved of her misery by a cold that turned to pneumonia. This made Jenny more determined for myself and our daughter to abide by her wishes. When she had her first stroke eight years ago it was serious enough to take her speech and gave her paralysis on her right side, she consented to a feeding tube and we carried on.

This one was a total seizure and massive bleed which has left her unconscious and she will not recover consciousness and is not going to survive. Because of her wishes we have told and agreed with the doctors she is only to receive palliative terminal care. It was a hard, bitter decision to have to make but her wish we should do so which made it a little easier.

We are now just waiting for the end which we hope is sooner rather than later.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts which although upsetting also are comforting. Only upsetting because they make you think of what is happening to your soulmate and best friend.

Thanks again and I hope to be back sometime in the not too distant future. I will pass on your best wishes to Pip our daughter.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

How very sad Simon.I recall what my dad was like after a stroke in the 70s. It was very upsetting to see him trying to express himself although unable to speak. Totally understand your approach to your difficulties. Very best wishes EricT.
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Sad news indeed! My thoughts are with you both.

Nigel²

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Very sad news, but agree with your course of action, I would not want to be in a form of suspended animation.
Remember the good days.
Keith

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Simon, I am quite sad to hear of your wifes stroke and give all my best wishes to you and your family.

With all the craziness happening in the world these days, things like this are happening way to frequently.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Really sorry to learn of your news mate. I've no doubt that this little community will be here for you when you need us.

Best wishes,
Chris
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Yes, keep talking to us, Simon. It is surely a painful time for all of you.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

We'll walk along with you, Simon... as long as you like.

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

I am so sorry Simon.

My only daughter and I feel your pain.
George

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Really sorry Simon to read this very sad news. There's little to be said that hasn't already been said. I wish you and your daughter all the very best.

Kind Regards,
Chris