The dreaded virus.

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: The dreaded virus.

Post by simondix »

If you cannot get Home delivery from the main supermarkets then use what your village has set up. That is what it is there for. If something happens you will never forgive yourself.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Slightly concerned, George, do you place a low value on life in your own household?
You're worth more than that, mister!
GHD wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 11:44
I am 80+ and still go out.
GHD wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 23:03
Don't take the risk Keith, please ask for help. Your wife is too precious.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

Airspeed wrote:
02 Apr 2020, 02:58
Slightly concerned, George, do you place a low value on life in your own household?
You're worth more than that, mister!
My wife died 107 weeks ago and I miss her every second.

Yes, I do place a low vale on my own life.
George

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

That's a pretty cr*p situation to be in George. For what it's worth my own view is that if virus free and you can get out without coming into contact with others then you should do so. There's a trade off here between absolute confinement and all its attendent risks and the risks of getting out once a day for exercise and fresh air.

By all means avoid shops and other risky areas but needless confinement is a poor solution.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

My wife died 107 weeks ago and I miss her every second.

Yes, I do place a low vale on my own life.
George, I cannot begin to imagine how it feels to lose a wife and have to carry on with life in a normal manner, I have now been married for forty years and with my wife being at high risk we are just trying to get along normally but I still worry how I would manage day to day without her not to mention the mental anguish!! :((

All of this could/may have been avoided or if not, certainly contained much better had the Chinese Communist Regime not interfered and punished Dr Li Wenliang for informing other doctor's of his concerns about this virus.

I know I am probably stepping out of line in what can or cannot be written on a Forum, but the Chinese Government has a lot to answer and apologise for allowing this virus to run out of control and become a pandemic to which every-one is now at serious risk world-wide. :rant:

Moderators if you think I have gone too far in writing the above then feel free to delete my post but I make no apologies for writing it.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I'll be honest chaps, and I know I'm much younger than many of you. This is just what happens. Viruses, diseases, whatever you call them come and go. Whether in Humans, Animals, Plants etc. My personal feeling is that much of the world has forgotten it is mortal. If the planet is a giant battery, we've plugged in too many light bulbs. My life is here so that my girls can grow up. I would be grateful if I can last until they are adults, however after that I'll take what comes, whenever it comes. Yes, this current disease is a horrible thing, and I wouldn't wish anyone to be in pain or suffer. But to put some sort of perspective on it... Circa 500,000 died from the flu last year. Approx 650,000 people in the USA from Cancer last year. I think we're less than 100,000 globally for this. Trillions of dollars have been spent. Millions have lost there jobs and are unable to provide for their families. Roughly 1000 children die every day from starvation around the world. Roughly 365,000 a year of children die because they cannot get food... no other reason. I'm really struggling with this whole thing to be honest. But I hope when my time comes to leave this mortal coil, my daughters are old enough and wise enough to navigate there lives with compassion and kindness. They are the reason I exist, but once they are old enough, my work is done.

*EDIT
I should add, that every day I wake up, once the girls have flown the nest, I will try to use whatever talents I have to contribute to, or help something or someone. I’ve often wondered what is the point of me. The girls give me a point, and after that it’s whatever I can do to help someone, and I’ll try not to be grumpy. 😁
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Nigel I couldn't agree more with regards to China taking responsibility It may do something to help stop the strange obsession with eating wild animals
With regard to self isolation, it's recognised that the elderly and those with medical problems, is that, if they become infected, the likely hood is they will end up in hospital,. This puts additional risk to the heath staff and puts a greater strain on the NHS, diverting the treatment for cancer and other life threatening conditions. If you care little for your own life, just remember your actions can affect others.
Dale
Image Image Image

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Just been out for my one-a-day walk, and walked down a nearby street as everyone emerged for the eight-o'clock NHS clap. I joined in as I walked along, but once out of sight round a corner, I had great difficulty keeping my emotions bottled up. To all the NHS staff, all the front-line workers, the armed forces, and those keeping the shelves stocked and the lights on, THANK YOU !!

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

Vc Ten wrote:
02 Apr 2020, 18:20
If you care little for your own life, just remember your actions can affect others.
I have also signed a DNR clause.
George