Military Orders

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Military Orders

Post by 511Flyer »

I posted an old joke, but I wouldn't demean any of the services, or the people who served in them.

As an RAF veteran, I've never actually used Brylcreem.

;)

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Re the brylcream - we believe you. Honest. :agree: :lol:

I doubt very much that the average serving or ex serviceman would actually take offence. I suspect we've all heard a good deal worse.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Frozen fingers were the least of my worries when I found myself frozen into a sleeping bag. We had dug individual snow holes to spend the night in, great fun and not as cold as it sounds. However there must have been enough heat from my breath to cause a slight thaw and that dripped and froze on my zip. My mates only showed compassion when it was pointed out that I had the extra ration money to buy fresh food to supplement our rations!

At the other end of the spectrum so to speak I once saw a +GPMG crew p*ssing on the gun barrel. It was 1966 and we were 'up country' on the Aden/Yemen border and had been under attack for quite a while. The GPMG was being used in the sustained fire role to harass the known terrorist border crossing areas and had been firing almost continuously, it took quite a while in the morning to collect up all the empty cases I dread to think how many rounds had been fired and at what cost. :dunno:

Happy days. :thumbsup:

Allan

+GPMG = General Purpose Machine Gun