Strange flight plan?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Strange flight plan?

Post by Tako_Kichi »

I wondered what the big, blue, paperclip was for......and then the penny dropped! :doh:
Larry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Many years ago, I went to area B in an ANG KC-135 and lay alongside the boom operator while we did multiple connections with a USAF MC-130. The boomer had to do a certain number of connections a month to stay current, so the Herc crew obliged. It was quite interesting.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

What you didn't see in that screenshot was the two FRA Falcon 20's that joined in. These are used in exercises to simulate an aggressor. There where likely more than a few Typhoons up there too. George posted an interesting article the other day about the Cobham FRA Falcons.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

There’s been several, what appear to be survey flights out of East Mids recently, rather more than usual, operated by Reconnaissance Ventures. Earlier today sweeps of the English Channel off the Kent coast to what looked the edge of French airspace took place. Wonder what,or maybe who, they were looking for. *-) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

REV (callsign "endurance") carry out numerous survey flights throughout the year, especially on days when the weather is as recently (clear blue skies).
Much of this is on behalf or the Ordnance Survey, other surveys as requested.

The aircraft used to be based at Blackpool some years ago as it was considered to be pretty close to the centre of the UK, they then moved to Coventry (centre of England) and now East Mids since Cov closed.
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Just looked at planefinder & theres a lot of survey work between Reading & central London. Plane finder also shows the Boscombe Down ETPS aircraft, the Valley Hawks & theres a Herc going toward Fairford having been all round Wales & west country.
K