Model Making

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Model Making

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Who builds models?

My lastest build. Supermarine Stranraer "The Whistling Shitter".
Built from an old Matchbox kit. Painted with Tamiya Laquer and rigged with knitting elastic.

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Model Making

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Nice! I still build from time to time. I dropped on some kits going cheap from a local hobby shop last fall/autumn as she had bought them cheap when anther local store closed after the owner died. I got the Airfix 1/72 Chipmunk and 1/72 WWII Vehicles set for $5 CDN each and a 1/48 Airfix Wesland Sea King for $10 CDN. I built the Chippy, partly built the vehicles (I must finish those as they are still sitting on my bench) and the Sea King is in 'the stash'. Also in 'the stash' are two models I got for Xmas last year, model cars for a change from aircraft, I have the ZZ Top Eliminator and Greased Lightning from the Grease movie.

I got back into modeling 3D virtual aircraft after a two year break and have several projects on the go simultaneously so there are not enough hours in the day to do everything on my 'to do' list. Heck I have 5 guitars and 2 basses that haven't been played in weeks and look forlornly at me every time I walk passed them! Too many hobbies not enough time!
Larry

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I had the Stranraer kit many many moons ago. Was an absolute pig to build if I remember correctly. :lol:
Looks like you've done a good job with it. :thumbsup:
Dave G.

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

DaveG wrote:
23 Apr 2020, 15:10
I had the Stranraer kit many many moons ago. Was an absolute pig to build if I remember correctly. :lol:
Looks like you've done a good job with it. :thumbsup:
I wouldn't say it was a pig but like all bi-planes needs a certain love to enjoy :-).
Much fettling and swearing. :lol:

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Tako_Kichi wrote:
23 Apr 2020, 15:00
Also in 'the stash' are two models
It starts with two!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DTR, that is a beautiful model. Very well done. :thumbsup:

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Lovely model, great craftmanship :thumbsup:

My other hobby is model making. My current stash is 37 which is the result of a cull last year when I gave a good dozen away to the local Men's Shed.

Originally started with aircraft when I was about 9 when I would save up and then get a model from Woolworths in town and make it in a day. Needless to say they never lasted more than a couple of 'flights' from the bedroom window. Although still making aircraft - I have a Tornado F3 about to be started - I have gone over to Armour and have quite a few vehicles awaiting glue and patience. I shy away from early aircraft because I have never mastered the dark art of rigging.

I am very lucky to have my own man cave in the house where I can make as much mess as I like so long as I clear it up :lol: I would put a photo or two up but I just don't know how, I have found that copy and paste don't work and that is my PC limit.

My trouble is there is never enough hours in the day to get everything in, must be old age ;)

ATB

Allan

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Buggyman wrote:
23 Apr 2020, 20:37
........ I would put a photo or two up but I just don't know how, I have found that copy and paste don't work and that is my PC limit.
ATB
Allan
Hi Allan,
If you want to, you could email your photos to me, and I'll happily host them. Nobody can get to them, as they're on an inaccessible page, but they will appear on this forum. PM me for the email details. ;)

Not forgetting Dogtail's fine work; well done mister! :welldone:

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Paul K wrote:
23 Apr 2020, 19:40
DTR, that is a beautiful model. Very well done. :thumbsup:
Thanks. Like all my models it went through several periods of disaster before getting there in the end. :lol:

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Buggyman wrote:
23 Apr 2020, 20:37
Lovely model, great craftmanship :thumbsup:

My other hobby is model making. My current stash is 37 which is the result of a cull last year when I gave a good dozen away to the local Men's Shed.

Originally started with aircraft when I was about 9 when I would save up and then get a model from Woolworths in town and make it in a day. Needless to say they never lasted more than a couple of 'flights' from the bedroom window. Although still making aircraft - I have a Tornado F3 about to be started - I have gone over to Armour and have quite a few vehicles awaiting glue and patience. I shy away from early aircraft because I have never mastered the dark art of rigging.

I am very lucky to have my own man cave in the house where I can make as much mess as I like so long as I clear it up :lol: I would put a photo or two up but I just don't know how, I have found that copy and paste don't work and that is my PC limit.

My trouble is there is never enough hours in the day to get everything in, must be old age ;)

ATB

Allan
Thanks. You must post some pictures of your models.
Rigging isn't that difficult providing you have the patience of a saint and don't throw things about when things go wrong.
Cheers.
:cheers: