US Releases UFO Footage

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

US Releases UFO Footage

Post by chrispbits »

You've probably seen this before but the US DoD has released footage of UFOs filmed by US Navy pilots. The footage has been around for a while but it's still fascinating.

Can be view here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/newsbeat- ... y-officers

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: US Releases UFO Footage

Post by Nigel H-J »

Fascinating video Chris. I know there are many who will say that is faked or there is no alien life but I do believe that there are other forms of life somewhere out there in the universe and obviously from that video very much ahead of us technically!!

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

I don't believe these things are faked but I think we need to define what we mean by UFO or something we see that is unexplained. We also have a duty to scrutinse these things to see if they are real or not.

I would say the first `UFO` is possibly a fault, speck of dirt on the equipment. The image is far too stable, a bit blurry and not very exciting.
The second `UFO` is quite intriguing. Could again be a fault, trick of the light or just a man made object of somekind.

Why do I think like this.
While it is entirely possible there is life other than ours in the universe there is no evidence that we have been visited. Scientifically intelligent life is problematic and highly unlikely. The more intelligent we become the more likely we are to destroy ourselves. The vastness of space makes it extremely unlikely that any alien race could cross, communicate or even know of our existance. The universe is expanding and accelerating. As each year passes this likelyhood becomes even less likely.

UFO means unidentified flying object, not Alien. So by definition anything unidentified can be explained within the physics of our own world. Occam's razor. Things to become sceptical about are 1) Evidence presented by credible sources i.e. The American Military, US Airforce Pilots. Often credible sources are used to make the claim more plausible. 2) Is the evidence verifiable? Anyone remember the man who stuck rockets on his car in Arizona? 3) Lack of good quality video evidence. Every man, woman and child on this planet has a camera yet UFO evidence is always grainey, shaky and not very distinct. Creadible + Verifiable + Quality often = Myth / Fake.

BTW I'm not necessarily a skeptic just a realist.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

The thing is, we've never seen any space aliens in pubs.
And quite frankly, any being that travels 10's even 100's of trillions of miles and doesn't stop by a pub for a wee dram..
Well.. to be honest,... I'd rather not know them. ..

Be gone. Be gone I say!

btw
I found this fascinating
https://youtu.be/i93Z7zljQ7I

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Joe, me ol' Pal,
That is fascinating. :thumbsup: Thanks for the link.
Can you imagine the drive home from work on some of those places? A good couple of tyre changes each day. :agree:

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Mike,

You might remember this photo I took of comet Hale Bopp.

I used a Canon eos 3, 105mm @ f4.5 /11 minute exposure fugi 400 on a basic barn door timer.

The image is about 35% of the original photograph

I wonder if some of the points of light are outside of our galaxy..
:dunno: