Notice.....

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Notice.....

Post by Filonian »

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: Notice.....

Post by Airspeed »

Thanks Graham,
Duly noted. :)

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

My Greyhound is learning to talk and doing a good job of it. So far he has taught me when to feed him, let him out into the garden and time to go for a walk. As if that isn't enough; he tells me he needs a treat and he has just developed the ability to declare 'bedtime' for the family.

A brilliant breed, they rarely bark, love other dogs and manage to sleep 23 hours a day and then cram all the essentials like walk, poo, p and eat into one hour. So they are very efficient time managers too :lol: :lol:

ATB

Allan & Ben

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Greyhounds make very good pets as you say but one of my favourite breeds is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqAI1H2mjvU

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Our Greyhounds are ex racing dogs who are normally 'retired' at aged 3 - 4. They are hard work at first because they don't have the domestic skills like going outside for a P&P and they mostly do not know how to play. Even now after 7 years Ben is not able to understand the idea of retrieving a thrown ball. Even so, once they understand that they are free and have a comfortable 'kennel' - otherwise known as a 4 bed house - they soon settle in.

Contrary to popular belief Greyhounds do not require long walks. Just 2 x 20 minute walks a day is all they need although they will go further if asked. They do not have good recall and the general advice is not to let them off lead. Sadly they only live for around 13 years so our mission in life is to make their time with us as good as it can be.

Sorry for going on :wasntme:

ATB

Allan

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Sorry for going on :wasntme:
Not at all Alan only too pleased to read of some-one who is devoted in giving the greyhound a comfortable and loving retirement.

There used to be an elderly gentleman who often passed our home walking his greyhound, he got it from a rescue kennel after the dog had been 'retired', so to speak.

I remember how very quiet his dog was and always allowed me to stroke him with no backing away, he told me what you have written, and he also could never take him off the lead but they do make excellent pets.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.