Red Arrows to Remain in Lincolnshire.

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Red Arrows to Remain in Lincolnshire.

Post by Nigel H-J »

Great to know that it has now been confirmed, they will be moving to RAF Waddington once Scampton finally closes.

https://thelincolnite.co.uk/2020/05/red ... addington/

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Red Arrows to Remain in Lincolnshire.

Post by PeteP »

Interesting, Nigel, but it doesn't seem so clear cut in the announcement on the RAF's site https://www.raf.mod.uk/display-teams/re ... addington/.

The sentence "There will now be an assessment study to examine and cost the options before developing a business case for the eventual move." suggests to me that without a costing having been done and a business case produced, it may not be the done-deal it seems to be.

Pete

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

"There will now be an assessment study to examine and cost the options before developing a business case for the eventual move."
Describing the development, Air Chief Marshal Mike Wigston, Chief of the Air Staff, said: “We will be sorry to leave Scampton but I am delighted the Red Arrows will remain in Lincolnshire when they move to their new base at RAF Waddington.
One announcement seems to conflict with the other. Just wondering whether this assessment study and cost the options before developing a business case for the eventual move. could be/might be a rather crucial decision on whether or not the Red Arrows should continue in their present form.

Regards
Nigel.

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

Nigel H-J wrote:
20 May 2020, 12:21
...could be/might be a rather crucial decision on whether or not the Red Arrows should continue in their present form.
Funnily enough, Nigel, that same thought crossed my mind but they've survived threats to their existence many times before. Despite the fact that they're an absolute and utter pain in the proverbial to deal with I hope they survive this one if that's what it is.

A friend of mine who has some background in this sort of thing thinks it's yet another attempt by the Civil Service to muscle in and have its say. I'll watch this one with interest.

Pete

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Despite the fact that they're an absolute and utter pain in the proverbial to deal with I hope they survive this one if that's what it is.
Hi Pete, not very good in the public relations department then?

I am also interested in what will happen to the Reds and time will tell.

Regards
Nigel.