Feeling for you, America

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Feeling for you, America

Post by Airspeed »

The news out of the USA about riots is very saddening and disturbing.
The killing of the handcuffed man was an absolute disgrace, and imho, third degree murder is totally inadequate.
Nevertheless, burning other people's cars, shops, etc., and looting, is going way too far as a response.
Evidently, there is more than one reason for the chaos.
I feel for your citizens, and wish that you are not harmed.
Keep safe, Friends.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Feeling for you, America

Post by Nigel H-J »

Any death of a person before their time is bad and I do feel for the families of the deceased. What concerns me is the backlash over George Floyds' death, it is one thing to demonstrate peacefully but another to turn it into riots and looting for these protesters are hurting individual companies and has nothing at all to do with what actually occurred.

Another point I have to raise is that when working on C.C.T.V. our officers had to restrain individuals who became violent and used similar methods without incident, so far all we know is that George Floyd complained he could not breath but a pathologist had stated that there were no indication of excess pressure to his neck as being the cause of death.

I think we should all take a step back and wait for a proper investigation to be published, more so for all these demonstrators!! :((

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Feeling for you, America

Post by FlyTexas »

Well said, Nigel. :thumbsup:

Brian