These statues.............

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

These statues.............

Post by Filonian »

These statues really offend me. I think they shkould all be removced.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: These statues.............

Post by airboatr »

Get one of these, Graham.
https://youtu.be/5wUGJmOsN88

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

They seem to have a power, a strange power that makes drivers buy bicycles and give up driving.... :poke:

And cost a chunk of dosh isn't that right Mrs - drive like Lewis Hamilton - Buggyman? :'(

Actually we had a number of these beasts cut down and eventually found in a reservoir a couple of years ago. Trouble is they have been replaced with the new hi-tech ones that follow you home or something like that anyhow.

Good ere innit :Dance:

Allan

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

airboatr wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 20:57
Had a look on amazon but ca't see 'em :lol:

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Filonian wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 21:15
airboatr wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 20:57
Had a look on amazon but ca't see 'em :lol:

Graham
May be technically clever, but the legal stupidity of bragging that you conceal your number plate, by showing that plate on you tube makes me wonder. Still, that's probably a false number plate anyway.
Speeding fines are not just a revenue raising device; they are to deter people from driving too fast on public roads. An amazing number of drivers do not accept that.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

8)
Oh Mike, It's a joke, no more harmful than Graham's post

Now.., let's discuss what it is that has a hair across your arse.

>> :) <<

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Mike,

In the UK, a great many are revenue generators. They are located not where there is a dangerous stretch of road, or where there are junctions etc, but on long straight stretches where they are likely to collect significant streams of revenue due to the volume of traffic. Some regions use them sensibly, to protect other road users, pedestrians etc, such as through villages or approaching dangerous junctions, but a great many are placed where they serve little purpose from a road safety point of view.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

In the sprawling megalopolis that is São Paulo and the surrounding region they are one of the best revenue generators that there is, so good in fact that our wonderful 8) governor recently bought another 5 millions worth under his Covid protection measures :wall:

Ours are still the simple point speed type, nothing like the average speed systems you have in the UK, so a lot of folks scream around town well above the limit and then slam on the anchors when Waze tells them there is a camera nearby. :worried: That works about as well as you might expect.......

They recently put one in the exit of a tunnel, which was promptly blocked by a multiple rear end collision :help:

A lot of them don't pick up bikes either, so our beloved motoboys don't even slow down for the cameras (or red lights, pedestrian crossings, pavements, etc 8) )

Being a sensible mature adult and responsible biker I have found that our cameras have the greatest difficulty identifying a number plate if you go past on the back wheel............ :rofl:

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

In the city I live in, the city's commissioner's decided to partner with a private company to install traffic cameras on street corners with high occurrences of traffic accidents.
Many of the tickets given to drivers for running red lights were however dismissed by judges.

One day The driver of a car failed to stop for a red light and was sent a ticket for failing to stop for a red light, that driver was none other than the city's very own Mayor.

And not long after.. the cameras were removed. ( Don't worry, Mike. They did it legal)

If you think that's a bit shocking... hold on to your knickers.
7 commissioners were found guilty of serious malfeasance. 6 went to prison for various reasons but they all had a common thread... which is found US currency.

btw, that now former mayor now has a seat in the US Congress.

On another note
I recieved 5 robo calls from her campaign people .
(Robo calling residents of Florida is against the law.)
I called and left a message on her TAD asking they stop calling my phone and reminded her that robo calling is a violation of Florida law.

Haven't gotten another call from her... LOL

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I received 2 speeding fines some years ago from 2 yellow peril boxes , the first was in Lincoln for driving at 35mph in a 30mph speed limit, the fine was dated 2 days after trading my car in for a new one, then another arrived for the same offence even though I had rung the ticket office and told them I was not the registered keeper at the time of the offence, they soon stopped any more notices arriving on my door step.

Second time was for a speeding offence in London, for driving at 45mph in a 30mph limit. They had even given me the registration number of my car but the description was not that of the one I owned. I phoned and informed them that I had never been down in London in my car and never had any intentions of doing so, also even though the VRN came back to me, the car didn't!! Not heard from them since.

Beware of the mobile cameras, they can spring up anywhere, anytime!! :doh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HprgkRGero

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.