Australia under attack

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Australia under attack

Post by Airspeed »

Our PM announced today that another country had launched a cyber attack on most of our major systems, governmental and industrial.
There aren't bombs and bullets, but this can bring down a country just as easily. My voice is worth nothing, but I've never liked the idea of offshore governments operating major infrastructure, like power generation, here. We've sold too much already, all the big farms are Canadian or British, miners, tunnellers, etc are foreign owned, the list goes on. :wall: Other countries grow rich on their resources, but we give everything away, even our natural gas, which was supposed to insulate us from supply problems.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Australia under attack

Post by Vancouver »

Airspeed wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 03:29
all the big farms are Canadian.
That is interesting I did not know this. Meanwhile here in Canada we are allowing the Chinese to drill for oil on our Atlantic coast, yet we are running down our own oil industry for debatable environmental interests of our ever to woke P.M. - you know the one with the cute socks. Allegedly we have the 3rd lartgest reserves in the world, but never mind Alberta He is sure the workers can find other jobs. And they sold of mining rights in Nunavut to the Chinese again. I'm having nunofit. It is a very strange world we currently inhabit. :dunno:
Alex