Hmmmmmmm.....

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Hmmmmmmm.....

Post by Filonian »

I would have thought that the clue was in the name

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53186611

Graham Image
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: Hmmmmmmm.....

Post by Airspeed »

There's a Gannet parked outside the museum at Moorabbin.
Maybe that could be renovated.
Just trying to help.
We know what it's like; there's all these F-35s on order, but as I understand it, the software is a bit iffy.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Massive overkill IMHO, great ships, very impressive, but I can’t help but think we’d have been better off with two smaller carriers similar to what we had before. In 50 years, who's going to be flying piloted conventional aircraft from it anyway.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

In 50 years, who going to be flying piloted conventional aircraft from it anyway.
Good grief, in 50 years time I will either be in my box or looking forward to celebrating my 119th birthday!! :party:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

So let's see then, in 1982 the Task Force sailed to the South Atlantic with.................... no airborne early warning!

Nothing has chaged then in 38 years.

Gross misconduct in my book.

Nev

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Seems well established practice to me. What grade of concrete would you like in the nose of that shiny new Tornado - a bit of C40 should do nicely!

Maybe we could use them as mobile football pitches? Instant stadia, no need to build your own. Interesting job for a ball boy/girl (only good swimmers need apply).

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

Thr RAF generally named its radars after colours, so Blue Silk and Geen Satin (doppler),Red Steer (tail warning), Orange Harvest (ESM Shackletons) Blue Diver ( ECM).

It was inevitable that the concrete ballast in the Tornado nose was called Blue Circle.

Nev

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

Scorpius wrote:
26 Jun 2020, 16:02
Thr RAF generally named its radars after colours, so Blue Silk and Geen Satin (doppler),Red Steer (tail warning), Orange Harvest (ESM Shackletons) Blue Diver ( ECM).

It was inevitable that the concrete ballast in the Tornado nose was called Blue Circle.

Nev
Not just radars, British post-war development used a rainbow code system, e.g. Red Top missiles, Green Cheese anti-ship missiles etc. Words being assigned more or less at random. This was to counter the possibility of the purpose of a secret programme being discovered due to an indiscreet code-name. Something the UK had managed to do with a number of German programmes during the war.