Flight Tests on Boeing 737 Max Start Next Week.

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Flight Tests on Boeing 737 Max Start Next Week.

Post by blanston12 »

Boeing has taken way too long to get the Max back in the air and I think that even if they have found all the issues its been permanently tarnished by this Boeing is in major trouble as an aircraft manufacturer. They milked the 737 design for one major upgrade too far. Airbus has done well with their NEO updates to their aircraft. I agree they need a 757 update to go against the A320 and A321 and a clean sheet design to replace the 737.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I’m sure I read somewhere that there was internal debate about whether to use the 757 or 737 for the basis of the next generation (at the time) and the 737 won on the basis of their being a bigger install base (including pilots etc). It’s a real shame, but it might be what they need to make a fresh start.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just came across this video on You Tube on Captain Sullivans' skill in saving Qantas Flight 72 which was a precursor to the Max 737 crashes. He was flying the Airbus A330 in 2008. Seems the warnings were there after that incident.

Well worth the 40mins

He also reminds me very strongly of an American Actor name of!!!!..............First with the answer can have a drink...........so long as you pay for it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cS1SMptlnQ

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.