Awesome Trident Video

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Awesome Trident Video

Post by Nigel H-J »

:lol: :lol: That nearly happened with the Victor at Bruntingthorpe, the chap operating the throttles did not respond to the word stop!! :doh:

I think in Peters' case it would be: 'Now if I just eased back slightly....................... get the nose up......................... then stop'!! :worried:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Aharon , many thanks for this , It's a case of that's 'wot we looked like from the outside .
Looking at the opening shot , it must have been very early on . There is no 'bullet' extension for the Garrett APU above the No. 2 engine . I understand , and Peter may clarify ; that the early APU was a french Aztazou [ or similar name ] ; fitted in the belly and exhausting onto the ramp with consequent problems . Refitting with a Garrett Airsearch in the fin solved them .
The surplus french models were fitted onto VW pick-up versions of camper vans to give us ground airstart units when APU was u/s.
The french APUs were before my time [ 1973 onwards ] , so I never saw one .

I'd be there with you Peter , she wasn't called 'the gripper' for nothing .. 'tho Bob clarkson seems to remember more than I . We had a 48th anniversary course reunion last autumn near Staverton . Got to look around the T3 G-AWZU nose in the JAM museum ... Bob could remember the before start hydraulic control check perfectly ! And he probably came off the fleet in '82 .

rgds dave f.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Dave, I never flew a Trident as a First Officer...I came onto the T3 as a Captain...I'm really sure that now I couldn't even start an APU. I had a good 11 years on the Tridents 2 and 3 and always with wonderful First Officers to look after that sort of thing !