The Organist

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

The Organist

Post by Tomliner »

Miss Beatrice the church organist was in her eighties and had never married. She was admired for sweetness and kindness to all. One afternoon the vicar came to call on her and she showed him into her quaint sitting room and invited him to have seat while she prepared tea.
As he sat facing her old pump organ the young minister noticed a cut glass bowl sitting on top of it. The bowl was filled with water in which floated, of all things, a condom! When she returned with tea and scones they began to chat. The vicar tried to stifle his curiosity but it soon got the better of him and he could no longer resist.
"Miss Beatrice I wonder if you would tell me about this?" he said pointing to the bowl.
"Oh yes" she replied "Isn't it wonderful? I was walking through the park a few months ago and I found this little package on the ground.
The directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet and it would prevent the spread of disease. Do you know I haven't had the flu all winter!"
The vicar fainted.
:) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: The Organist

Post by Nigel H-J »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When I read the old pump organ that took me back to when I went on holiday to a Y.M.C.A. Camp which was held in a field at Swannington in Norfolk during the 1960's.

I was 14 years old at the time and it was run by John Berry who was (I believe) secretary to the Y.M.C.A. The village church was situated very close to the field where our tents were. I spent 4 weeks there (2 weeks at a time) and was run extremely well with all sorts of activities including trail walks at night. On Sundays we all had to attend church and being such a small village there were only a handful of villagers present. I was allocated the task of pumping the organ during hymns and was tempted as I pumped to slow down and see if the organ would also!! :lol: Happy days!!

PS Sorry to hijack this post :hide:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Eric..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

For a moment, I thought we were going to hear the unedifying tale of Nigel's loss of virginity

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Now that would have altered the thread somewhat!! :hide:
Nigel
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.