With the Snow Come the Idiots!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: With the Snow Come the Idiots!

Post by Nigel H-J »

Rant over. :rant:
Yep, that also annoys me as well Ben. I have given them a flash on my headlights but does no good at all, one driver even gave me a brake test which was a complete waste of time as I was quite well back from him/her at the time.

Two of my pet hates are: Driving at night many drivers have their fog lamps on and this really annoys me as they can dazzle other road users quite badly. :rant:

Another rant is when drivers take out their vehicles with the number plate unreadable due to dirt. :rant:

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Here in Ontario, Canada (and most of North America probably although the States were slower to adopt) we have had daylight running lights for years now. They are either the headlights on low beam or special daytime running LEDs and are very bright. Most cars also have an 'auto' setting on the headlight switch whereby a sensor detects the outside light levels and automatically turns on the night-time lighting if the conditions warrant it. This means that in falling snow, thunderstorms, dusk and/or night the full light package is activated without input from the driver (the fog lights (if fitted) are on a different circuit).

We are also required to clear all snow and ice from ALL windows and the roof before driving off. As we can get quite a bit of snow here that sticks around for a while people do get used to driving in it but there are idiots at the start of every winter season who cause mayhem until they either remove themselves from the traffic-pool by wrecking their vehicle due to stupidity or they actually get a clue and start driving with their brains engaged as well as the transmission! One of the biggest dangers on our roads is the snow and ice flying from the tops of large semi-trailers, a sheet of snow/ice from one of those beasts can really mess up your day if you are behind it!
Larry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Snow joke you know

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

it's a shame natural selection has been banned really

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

:thumbsup: exactly
Rick Piper wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 12:25
it's a shame natural selection has been banned really
Ben.:tunes: