Disillusioned with the top layer

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Disillusioned with the top layer

Post by Airspeed »

I don't know whether other news services have bothered reporting on the disgraceful sexual behaviour in our national capital, and in the offices of parliamentarians and their support teams spread through the States.
The PM has said that they are cleaning up their act, evidenced by sacking a group of minions who shared a video taken by one of their number who carried out a solo indecent act on a Minister's desk.
In the face of this, another Minister, (the capital "M" does not denote respect, just labels him as a government person), took "upskirt" photos around his workplace, then showed them to staff to humiliate the women victims.
That Minister has not been sacked. :dunno:
What has anyone learnt? Absolutely nothing.

We've just finished watching the end of an investigative TV series, looking into the deaths of seven people killed in the late 1970s fire at Luna Park (amusement place) in Sydney.
Turns out that Police, at least one high ranking Judge, and the Premier of New South Wales were all in the pay of, or blackmailed by, criminals who wanted to take over that site.
It really makes you wonder who you can trust or believe at any level.

Makes me feel good that you blokes are here. :thumbsup: ;)

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Disillusioned with the top layer

Post by Tomliner »

Sounds like some of your politicians are worse than some of ours. They must believe that their position places them above the laws that they make and expect others to adhere to. Another example of the DAI SNAID syndrome. :agree: EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

On a related topic, over the last couple of weeks, I've watched two documentaries dealing with the aircraft carrier HMAS Melbourne's collisions, firstly with HMAS Voyager and then the USS Frank E Evans. In each case the respective destroyer was clearly to blame, and yet the Melbourne's captains were hung out to dry by the Australian government, and for highly questionable motives too. Both men eventually received official apologies, but the way they were treated is nauseating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdlFz3Eg5e0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1EQwWyf9sE

Love Oz to bits though - amongst the happiest years of my childhood. :cheers:

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

Concerned only with advantage, having neither the will nor the ability to tell right from wrong, and representing themselves first, their faction second, their party third and their electorate purely by chance; in a word, psychopaths. That's our politicians. 😡🤮
It's just a game for them, in their own little sandbox.

MikeW