Prince Philip

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Re: Prince Philip

Post by adysmith »

The alternatives to the Royal family are unthinkable.

Tony B Liar always fancied himself as UK president, and president is a title any idiot with enough money can buy, witness Trump!
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I am even less of a fan of the tabloid press.
Most of the time you have to take anything that is printed with a pinch of salt until it is verified by a more reliable source.
The alternatives to the Royal family are unthinkable.

Tony B Liar always fancied himself as UK president, and president is a title any idiot with enough money can buy, witness Trump!
I only hope that if anything happened to the Queen or she abdicates then Charles does not succeed her. William would be more suited, however he has very little experience but would be my preferred choice.

I see the Queen has put her foot down for the funeral with William and Harry for they are not to walk side by side behind the coffin, Babs told me from previous news is that William has his grand fathers temperament and it does not look good for Harry!! :wasntme:

I will be watching it tomorrow but an hour before it finishes I have to go for my second Covid Jab!!

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Nigel H-J wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 17:26
I only hope that if anything happened to the Queen or she abdicates then Charles does not succeed her. William would be more suited, however he has very little experience but would be my preferred choice.
As said earlier, it's not down to choosing who succeeds, Nigel, The succession is governed by acts of Parliament, as recently as 2013, and going back to the late 17th century. Charles will succeed the Queen, and William will only take the throne when his father dies, or if he abdicates earlier.

https://www.royal.uk/succession

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

As said earlier, it's not down to choosing who succeeds, Nigel, The succession is governed by acts of Parliament, as recently as 2013, and going back to the late 17th century. Charles will succeed the Queen, and William will only take the throne when his father dies, or if he abdicates earlier.
Thanks Paul, I either did not read that or due to my age, forgot!! :doh: :lol: :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Nigel H-J wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 20:21
... due to my age, forgot!! :doh: :lol: :lol:
:lol: Oh, you and me both, mate. I've reached the point where not only do I forget where I put things, I also forget what those things were.

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Paul K wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 00:18
Nigel H-J wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 20:21
... due to my age, forgot!! :doh: :lol: :lol:
:lol: Oh, you and me both, mate. I've reached the point where not only do I forget where I put things, I also forget what those things were.
Join the club Nigel

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Join the club Nigel

Graham
I take it as being free membership Graham? Silly me of course it is, we'd all forget to renew it! :poke:

Regards
Nigel.