Two H U Reminders

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Two H U Reminders

Post by Tomliner »

‘Great British Spitfire Restoration’ UK Channel 4 20.00 BST tonight

‘Guy Martin’s Battle Of Britain’ part 2 of 2. UK Channel 4 21.00 BST Sunday 25th April. I was quite impressed with part1 where he was being tutored in the Tiger Moth and Harvard. :) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Two H U Reminders

Post by AllanL »

Young Guy does get about!

On Yesterday in the UK there is a second series under way "Warbird Workshop". The second series starts with the Hurricane that he was in for the second episode of his Battle of Britain progs.

The second of the first WW series was about the DC-3 that Guy was meant to jump out of in his D-Day programmes that are still available on catch-up on Channel 4 in the UK.

In the first WW series the first programme was about a Spitfire being rebuilt by the folk who featured in the rebuild of the Greek Spitfire above. Oddly the owner of the operation did not feature this time. Probably fed up with cameras following him round.

At least anything with Guy in is less execrable than the Brooklands series. 8) I keep telling myself that it does give us a chance to see museum exhibits spread out over more than one programme.

Now I'm off to get my A4 booked in for its vital annual run at Millbank, much better than a boring MOT. Too bad the Napier Railton was in worse shape after its run than before it started. The lass did not last long behind the wheel either. I did not think she showed signs of a dodgy big end, but each to their own.