My Flying has Changed.

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

My Flying has Changed.

Post by Nigel H-J »

I have now got used to flying in VR and cannot imagine being without it now but this has led me to fly smaller aircraft.

When I had Track IR I never really looked at the Cessna 172 as found it to be, well...a bit of a boring aircraft TBH. Since VR this aircraft is being used daily flying at around 1,000 - 2,500ft to take in as much of the scenery.

Yesterday I did another flight that I made back in the early 70's for real, it took an hour but that hour was more enjoyable than when I actually flew the 172 for real on the flight from Wickenby Airfield, I found it handled like a wet sponge compared to the Auster that I flew regularly as P2 but in VR, it now ticks all the boxes. I do have a free-ware Tiger Moth that is excellent and of pay-ware standard that is used regularly.

I still fly passenger aircraft occasionally and even at 30,000ft and looking down at the clouds and scenery from inside the flight deck is brilliant in VR but now I have no plans in buying any more tube liners, even the VC10 that I was looking forward to when released for X-Plane 11 will go on the back burner, if and when any sale goes live it will be a single engine aircraft from now on.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: My Flying has Changed.

Post by Airspeed »

Revelation!
Good to hear that, Nigel :agree:
Anything above 3,000 ft is a waste of scenery imho.

spot
Trident
Trident

Re: My Flying has Changed.

Post by spot »

Here here. :Dance: I agree with that.

Brian
Low and slow, the way to go ;)