Rare Visitor

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Rare Visitor

Post by Tomliner »

Spotted this article on the website of a newspaper which is local to a suburb of Nottingham. :) EricT

https://westbridgfordwire.com/pby-catal ... ying-boat/
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Rare Visitor

Post by Molyned »

A touch of pedantry - the airport EGBN is at the village of Tollerton and West Bridgford is not a suburb of Nottingham. It's a separate town in the bourough
of Rushcliffe although it's only just over the river. Just to confuse further - Nottingham Forest football ground is in the County and Notts County F.C. is in the City . :S
Great aircraft - seen at Duxford.
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Evidently a fluke of fps and rpm, but that was so weird seeing stationary props taxying the Cat along :-O

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Tomliner »

Hi Dave.As I lived in or near Nottingham for over 60 years I’m familiar with the facts that you mention but I was just trying to minimise the geographic details. For anyone who’s interested Nottingham is one of those cities whose boundary does not take in large parts of its built up area which are actually within the council areas of Rushcliffe, Broxtowe, Gedling, Ashfield if Hucknall is included, and even Derbyshire.
A similar situation applies to Manchester and others.
Now that travel restrictions have eased I’ll be down there in a couple of weeks to catch up with friends and family again.
Anyway I bet it was great for anyone who saw the Catalina. :) EricT
ps apologies to anyone in W Bridgford, you’ll get the chance to tick me off when I’m there! :agree:
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!