A new Boris Force One?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

A new Boris Force One?

Post by TSR2 »

Just noticed this at Newquay…

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10183942?utm_ca

Operated by Titan on behalf of the Royal Air Force? And a very similar livery to the Airtanker A330 / Voyager. Has the voyager gone back to RAF livery?

What’s interesting is that G-GBNI (Great Britain and Northern Ireland?) left Stanstead in April after only a few days from new and has been in Bordeaux ever since. It left in plain white livery 🤔
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: A new Boris Force One?

Post by FlyTexas »

Very nice. B-) It just has to be Boris' new ride. Please note the departure time of the London-Bordeaux flight. I wonder if Boris is trying to tell us what aircraft he really wanted? *-)

Brian :wasntme:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

That was what he was going to shoot down en-route Brian 😝

Anyway, that’s the all white one that’s sitting in Bordeaux.. maybe that was the cunning disguise to lure the unsuspecting 737 from Ryanair into his sights. 😄
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Has anyone found a way of starting MSFS2020 without "Gaming Services" installed?...If so I would like to know how to do it! I imagine it might be possible to make hidden files visible and to then click the appropriate file to fire up MSFS without the use of the wretched "Gaming Services"?

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Tomliner »

On FR24 a couple of days ago there was a DC8-71F landing at Prestwick. Can’t recall who owned it though. *-)EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

TSR2 wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 07:52
That was what he was going to shoot down en-route Brian 😝

Anyway, that’s the all white one that’s sitting in Bordeaux.. maybe that was the cunning disguise to lure the unsuspecting 737 from Ryanair into his sights. 😄
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brian

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Tomliner wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 12:45
On FR24 a couple of days ago there was a DC8-71F landing at Prestwick. Can’t recall who owned it though. *-)EricT
Most likely this one -

https://www.planespotters.net/photo/995 ... -dc-8-72cf

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

The Boris Force fleet continues to grow -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57453840

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

petermcleland wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 10:30
Has anyone found a way of starting MSFS2020 without "Gaming Services" installed?...If so I would like to know how to do it! I imagine it might be possible to make hidden files visible and to then click the appropriate file to fire up MSFS without the use of the wretched "Gaming Services"?
Well Microsoft Store now seems to be completely Broken...This leaves me in a helpless state...My MSFS broke and I could do nothing with it so I un-installed it and then tried to Download and re-install it but nothing will respond now and I fear I have wasted much time and money on an unreliable Flight Sim!...I'll just leave it now and try to forget I ever had a Flight Sim!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Well Microsoft Store now seems to be completely Broken...This leaves me in a helpless state...My MSFS broke and I could do nothing with it so I un-installed it and then tried to Download and re-install it but nothing will respond now and I fear I have wasted much time and money on an unreliable Flight Sim!...I'll just leave it now and try to forget I ever had a Flight Sim!
Sorry to hear of this Peter, are you able to post something on one of their forums that might be of help to you?

If you cannot get any help then it would be a shame for you to give up virtual flying altogether as you really enjoy it, maybe if you considered going back one step to the sim you were familiar with whether it was FSX or P3d or even try the demo version of X-Plane 11, granted the stock scenery is just basic and nothing to shout about but with the True Earth sceneries it makes it so much better and also you can installed just the countries or rather areas you want to fly in and leave the rest out.

If you choose X-Plane then don't go for the Steam Version as any updates will come after the one from X-Plane itself. You can also download many free-ware a/c to use as well whilst you try it out.
https://www.x-plane.com/desktop/try-it/

This is only a suggestion Peter if you cannot find a way to re-install MS2020 but would think that somebody here may be able to help you.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.