A new Boris Force One?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: A new Boris Force One?

Post by Vc Ten »

Peter How did you uninstall MSFS package ? It needs to be done through The windows apps interface. Type Microsoft Flight Simulator in the search box, and click on settings You can choose to Repair, Reset or Uninstall. See here :- https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/ ... soft-Store
Once uninstalled go to the Microsoft store and reinstall the sim from there You need to be logged on to the store with the same account as you purchased the software.
Yes you need the Gaming services app installed. As far as I can understand it tracks your online status keeps all your flight records. Why would you want to remove it anyway ?
Dont give up on Msfs as you know its far better, out of the box, than anything else out there :hide:
Dale
Image Image Image

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Interesting discussion, but would this not be better in 'The Virtual Spanner' forum rather than 'A new Boris Force one?'?

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Thanks Nigel...I think I will wait for a while and see if Microsoft Store gets fixed...I can't imagine they will leave it broken for very long!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

I gather from reading around that Microsoft Store is broken completely. does anyone here have Microsoft Store working normally...Mine can not even show My Library. It seems to have forgotten me. Does anyone know if this Bug is being fixed?

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Peter. Have you read my thread “Starting Msfs throws me to Windows store"?
Dale
Image Image Image

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Dale…No i have not seen that, but sadly I can not start MSFS and Microsoft Store no longer knows anything about My Library, so I fear that MSFS has gone from my system for ever! Can you point me to your post ? I’ll read it and see if there might be a clue!

Hang on…Yes i have read your post but I can not seem to what you suggest.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

So what you say Peter, is the sim has disappeared from your system
Are you looking at Owned ? if it doesn't show there, I would guess you are not logged on to the store with the same username as you bought the sim. ( you did buy from M$ not Steam ? )
This is what I would expect to see :-
Owned.png
(367.09 KiB) Downloaded 539 times
If you have removed it from you pc somehow, it wont show as installed here :-
Installed.png
(313.02 KiB) Downloaded 539 times
Might be worth going to App settings, and resetting the Store. I don't think it would do any harm. Unfortunately you can't Delete and reinstall (Well mines greyed out. Perhaps I should be logged as administrator??)
Store.png
(256.25 KiB) Downloaded 539 times
Let us know how you get on
The trouble is we all have different systems and where we install the sim to ( Mines on a separate M2 drive (G:)
Dale
Image Image Image

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Mine is on C: which is my SSD...I have actually purchased several added bit for Flight Sim and they all show on the Microsoft Store account...I even purchased Flight Sim again and that shows at the top of my account but Microsoft Store will not show My Library...Just shows a full blank page with a rotating "doing something" whirling circle in the middle of the blank screen but nothing ever materialises! Owned gives the same result...So basically my SSD says I don't own anything, even though the account page shows all my purchases in order with "Completed".

I'm pretty fed up really, everything was running so well before this disaster and I love this Sim...I don't know where to go next!

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Found this while browsing your problem Peter. It looks like the Store app can be deleted and reinstalled. Might be worth a shot. Try the repair option first. Read this :-
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 427e46be55
Are you running the latest version of Windows? May be worth updating if not
Hope you get it sorted
Dale
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Peter, you need to update Windows. The store will not work if your Windows isn’t up to date.

In Windows 10, go to Settings > Updates and Security click on check for updates and make sure everything is up to date. After these updates complete, restart you computer and the go to the Windows store App and click on check for updates there.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage