Stobart Air gone into Liquidation!!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Stobart Air gone into Liquidation!!

Post by Nigel H-J »

I often thought that they took on too much in the way of buying Southend Airport. They really should have kept to road haulage rather than enter aviation as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57451845

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Stobart Air gone into Liquidation!!

Post by TSR2 »

Its a different company all together Nigel. The only real connection to the haulage company these days was the name. I suspect Emerald may buy up some of the liquidated assets for a fraction of the cost and start their contract early.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Tomliner »

Its a different company all together Nigel. The only real connection to the haulage company these days was the name. I suspect Emerald may buy up some of the liquidated assets for a fraction of the cost and start their contract early.
Hi Ben. Is this the same company who operated the cargo airlline using the ATC callsign Gemstone? I thought they went bust some years back. *-) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

No Eric, it’s a new entity (not sure if anyone from the old airline is involved). Before this week they had no aircraft and I don’t think they’d even applied for their operators license from the Irish authorities, so how Aerlingus (which is owned by AIG) awarded them a contract in February seems very odd.

ImageImageImage

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Stobart are seen as this highly polished company that can do no wrong but having worked for them, they are utterly dreadful. I really feel for the Aer Arann staff who found themselves under the Stobart umbrella.

The airport was used as a trophy in my eyes and we couldn't even have email addresses containing the name of the airport as it had to be Stobartair. I've been told negative things about their logistics arm, their car transportation arm and have experienced the air arm myself.

Stobart - Jack of all trades, master of none.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Have you heard anything about Emerald CB? Tbh, I half thought Loganair or Eastern my bid for the Aerlingus Regional franchise , but given AIG will be looking for it to be run for bottom dollar, they are maybe wisely staying away.

ImageImageImage

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

I can't say I have tbh mate. There are so many of these pie in the sky airlines these days, that I only really take note once they have an aircraft ready to go.

I see IAG are using Aer Lingus and Cityflyer aircraft on the routes left by Stobart, but domestic carriers seem to be dwindling these days with the loss of Flybe, Bmi etc.
The sooner Stobart have nothing to do with aviation, the better in my eyes.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Eastern and Loganair seem to be making a decent fist of it, it always seems to go wrong when they try to outgrow themselves. But then the shareholders want to see growth, growth is more passengers, more aircraft, and you end up competing in a different market and you can’t compete against Easley and BA so you go tits up, or become a slave to BA. At that point you’re buggered.
I’ve heard Stobbart were terrible

ImageImageImage

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

3 of the Stobart/ Aer Lingus ATR72s were ferried this morning from Dublin to Monchengladbach ; the first has just landed