You don't hear people saying that anymore....

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: You don't hear people saying that anymore....

Post by Dev One »

Paul K wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 11:59
Airspeed wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 02:32
20/20 vision, eh?
Assuming that's not a joke, are you booked for surgery, Paul?
Takes about ten minutes, and you can see it all happen before your very eyes.
As a bonus, when the light catches the plastic lens right, you have a twinkle in your eye.
:lol: No mate, it's not a joke. Having repeatedly put it off because of the pandemic restrictions, I finally decided to get it fixed. I'm going to my pre-surgery assessment next week where, amongst other things, they are going to measure my left eyeball. Presumably that means popping it out and running a tape measure around it. :-O

Seriously, I'll be damned glad to get it done, whenever it's scheduled. :agree:
I had to have full anaesthesia so didnt see anything during the op ( parkinson's disease) woke up with a very sore eye, obviously where it had been handled. Subsequent eye test & prescription for new specs meant I came away with 40/20 vision & possibly 60/20!
The biggest change for me was seeing a single point of light when looking at a star & marvelling on the ability of lens makers to help accomplish that.
Keith

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: You don't hear people saying that anymore....

Post by Paul K »

Dev One wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 20:48
Subsequent eye test & prescription for new specs meant I came away with 40/20 vision & possibly 60/20!The biggest change for me was seeing a single point of light when looking at a star & marvelling on the ability of lens makers to help accomplish that.
Wow, that's remarkable. Keith, glad to hear it was such a success for you. I can't even see the moon through my left eye, let alone a star! :lol: