"The worlds favourite airline"

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nick
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

"The worlds favourite airline"

Post by Nick »

With British Airways not being too popular on these boards at the current moment, I thought i'd just say that BA's famous "World Face" advert has now appeared HERE, for the nostalgic among us. (Scroll down the page a bit)

This advert was the most expensive ever made at the time, required a massive amount of people, and a equally large support crew. But it worked incredibly well, spearheading BA's "The world's favourite airline" slogan, and propelling the airline into the huge success it enjoyed after years of losses and a privatisation. Even though it is nearly 17 years old, this advert is still remembered by many people across the world.

P.S. The British Leyland ad on that site is hilarious, "this Allegro is the best foreign car i've ever owned" :lol:
Also, the rather non p.c. for todays standards BCAL ad is well worth a watch. :nahnah:

Nick

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

There are some great ads on that site, dont know if the BA face one is the original but the Xmas version of that ad is on http://www.absolutelyandy.com

I suspect that poor French guy had never owned a car before... either that or he was being kept in frogs legs, snails and plonk for the next 5 years by BL :lol:

Nick
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Nick »

I'm pretty sure it's the original version, the stewardess in it is wearing the 1985-1992 uniform. *bows head in shame of geeky knowlege* :redface:

Is it me or does the gullible French guy sound awfully like the mafia boss in the Italian Job??

Nick

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

The best BA I remember, is where the whole city of New York appears like a UFO above a street of houses. Does anybody remember this? If so do you know where I can download it from?
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!