Rant Page

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ben_ukmil

Rant Page

Post by ben_ukmil »

im always doing it, everyone else does it, people take things the wrong way etc why dont we have a rant page? why dont we have a page where everyone can just rant and rage about anything on there mind? surely that would keep short tempered idiots like myself for spoiling the pages of CBFSIM? personally i reckon mine is RSI from to much simming and too much red bull. Believe me i am expecting some rants after this message.....especially from admin, who will say 'if you want to rant why bring it here?'. maybe i should just zzzippit.

All rants answered!

Ben

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Ben

I appreciate what you are saying but......

I don't think it would be a good idea

That will encourage ranting for the sake of it

No need for it

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

ben_ukmil

Post by ben_ukmil »

hmmm we need to find a median here. what happens when peoples views clash? what do we do? :think:

do you shut up and take it garry, or do you let rip and make the complete merchant banker look 1ft tall?

theres no median :dunno: , maybe i should make a compliation of peoples rants! that could be interesting....... see who rants the most lol

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I see where you're comming from Ben

It would though be down to individual restraint and I think that is where it would fall down.

It might also be seen as some sort of entertainment area where folks visit to see who is having a go at who.

Really rants shouldn't happen,. ...but I know they do and everyone has their moment.

When it gets to that stage then I would suggest PM time.

But this is only my opinion and there are nearly a thousand members now so lets get some more views on it

Garry
Garry

ben_ukmil

Post by ben_ukmil »

yeah the reason i came up with it was airliners.net were doing it in there forums, and seemed like a good idea, but as you said, this sort of behaviour shouldn't be encouraged, but nobody wants a PM saying 'ive hired a ex-SAS sniper to shoot your ass down' message do they?

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

That is the other side Ben

PM's get used to be really nasty......

Lets see what others think about it as I am sure there will be some interest in this either way.

Garry
Garry

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

What really does my head in, is when you get a doughnut with very little or no jam in it :curse:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

jonesey2k wrote:What really does my head in, is when you get a doughnut with very little or no jam in it :curse:
Or custard, don't forget the custard :tuttut:
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

OneMacGuru
Meteor
Meteor

Post by OneMacGuru »

I don't rant big style on forums as I don't think its fair on those who wish to comment on a thread being broken like that. Instead I have a little teddy bear whom I take my rant out on. This serves two purposes, I get to say what I really mean without offending anybody and I can beat the poo out of it when it answers back :wink: . Then I can return to the forum safe in the knowledge that I have set everyone straight - I'm always right you know :lol:

Al

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

I'm going to have to get myself one of those. I do have a stress ball though in the shape of a penguin with a hula shirt. He's experienced flight a number of times when I've been in my 'Basil Fawlty' mood.

I think he needs a crash helmet...
"Sir!!! Yellow nosed b******s, twelve o'clock high!!!"

"Break formation, break!!!"