FAO Anyone on NTL

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

FAO Anyone on NTL

Post by Charlie Bravo »

NTL have been upgrading broadband speeds free of charge. Some people have received the upgrade automatically, whilst others have had to reboot the modem (like myself).

Not all areas have been upgraded as of yet (Luton was well down the list) but you can always ring NTL to find out.

Luton was upgraded at the end of June and I'm now on a healthy 4mb connection :cool:
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

andy

Post by andy »

I've been with NTL for around 18 months now. No complaints at all. :smile:

OneMacGuru
Meteor
Meteor

Post by OneMacGuru »

PlusNet have just done the same. I'm now on a 10Mb connection. Not only that but they have swapped my usage over to Pay As You Go and usage off peak is free :dance: (after midnight).

Healthy competition and the prices tumble eh?

AL

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hmmm, definately time for an upgrade from 56k to Broadband with NTL then.......... but the question is............. will she or won't she?? :think: ..............'ere sweetheart................. :prayer:
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Guys

I think BT are doing the same. (I seems only in rural areas that have been stuck with low speed BB)

My 512 kb connection suddenly became 8 mb last monday.
I asked them when they where upgrading the line a few months back and they said they would let me know.

But they never did and when i signed in on monday morning it said connected at 7.1 mb :dunno:

I'm not complaining though :smile:

Regards
Rick

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Hmmm.... I'm still on the same 1 (1.1) meg connection I got when I signed up two years ago... last I checked I had to pay a penalty of £70 to switch to one of my ISPs other packages as I was an existing customer.... could be time to switch and become a "brand new customer only" somewhere else!

AndyMinx
Victor
Victor

Post by AndyMinx »

Thats just rediculous Toby! £70 to upgrade!

If you were you mate I'd fone 'em and say you'll leave if you don't get it free....Of course they might let you go so have a plan ready just in case! :lol:

I did it when I wanted to upgrade my mobile and they wanted to charge me £130 to get the V3i...still, it worked and now I got it for a tenner! :dance:

Anyway....AOL is giving us 2MB i think, tried tempting dad to goto someone else but BT seem to forget Oakham exists and so never seem in a hurry to upgrade our exchanges. Ohhh and we can't get NTL around Oakham! :sad:

Cheers,
Andy M.