Leonard Cheshire Homes to be renamed!!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Leonard Cheshire Homes to be renamed!!

Post by Nigel H-J »

Read this yesterday...............The name Leonard Cheshire Homes is considered by the trustees of the charity to be outdated and should be changed.......What do you think?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1770

My own feelings are that the name should stay......It would be like trying to change the name 'The White Cliffs of Dover' to The Cliffs of Dover' so as not to offend the minority!!!!
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Post by delticbob »

:sad: Mmmm.

If it ain't broke...etc

Thanks for the link.

Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Having read some of that, I agree with Nigel. The proposed new names are very faceless and some like "A-BL UK" could be anything - any type of company or organisation - totally pointless.

It goes on to list other charities that changed their name. Fair enough the Spastics Society became Scope - "Spastic" was becoming a very widely used insult around the time I was growing up (when the name was changed), but whats the point of changing "Marriage Guidance Council" to "Relate".... at least with the original name people knew the purpose of it, much as people will know what this charity does because of its established name. I think theres too much change for changes sake these days. If having the name of a WWII hero is a 'barrier' then its attitudes that have got to be changed, not the name.

crisso
Viscount
Viscount

Post by crisso »

There is no need to rename the Leonard Cheshire Charity - it's just a jobsworth trying to prove his existence, or an advertising agency justifying their fee!

Anyway, most re-names of large established companies thesedays always sound to me like one would use for branding a family planning device...

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

I'm sure this story has an element of truth in it, but I have great difficulty believing anything published in our tabloid press, especially the Daily Mail - in my experience it needs to be read while taking a very large quantity of salt, never mind a pinch!

AndyG